Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey don't feel bad I just turned 60 yesterday and told the supervisor that I had eye trouble, yep couldn't see coming to work. he signed my time off form. Oh yea I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up!!!
That condition is called **** Glaucoma. When you can't see your ass coming to work.....

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've started to accumulate some parts, just small stuff. Also, debating what route to take for some paint correction before proceeding with anything on the exterior.

My PPV had the LED buckets mounted on the tailgate. The state did a decent job of patching the holes, but the gaffers tape was a bit tacky. Although, I think it did make some folks even more hesitant to pass me on the highway.

Since this will surely just be a temporary fix, the goal was a temporary fix that didn't stand out so much (and served the purpose of not leaking).

IMG_20170429_163055.jpg

IMG_20170429_163130.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I scoured my local Lowe's Home Improvement store for a better solution to cover the holes. Like normal, I drooled over some power tools, several milfs and cougars, and finally found something that matched better than black gaffers tape. I through a little dab of silicon into each hole, and cut up some squares to cover the holes up.

IMG_20170429_164900.jpg

IMG_20170429_170717.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse how dirty my Hoe is, I drove to and from Charlotte yesterday for the NHRA race.

If you purchase a PPV that had decals, Goo Gone is your best friend. Until I can get the paint corrected on each panel, I used some Goo Gone and elbow grease to clean each panel off of the remaining adhesive. At least it won't get so dirty, since that residue was literally a magnet to anything that would stick.

Included a pic of my hood where you can see where the clearcoat was protected by the decals, it stands out in certain lighting. The skeletal remains of a few hundred 80mph bugs stand out pretty bad too.....ha

IMG_20170429_164459.jpg

IMG_20170429_163224.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New inner door handle for the fabled peeling issue, and some brand new Depot headlights. Going to wait on the paint correct, to see if I feel the need to repaint the hood (and tailgate). Might be a few weeks (until the '07 sells) before the headlights go in.

IMG_20170429_171139.jpg

IMG_20170429_171250.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last one of the day. I am only waiting for motivation to throw these on, they've been sitting on the shelf for my last 4 vehicles, which is unusual for me. I have everything I need to toss them on, minus a drill (my neighbor has a good drill, got that covered). Besides tint, this will surely be my favorite mod......always is.

IMG_20170429_170855.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Excuse how dirty my Hoe is, I drove to and from Charlotte yesterday for the NHRA race.

If you purchase a PPV that had decals, Goo Gone is your best friend. Until I can get the paint corrected on each panel, I used some Goo Gone and elbow grease to clean each panel off of the remaining adhesive. At least it won't get so dirty, since that residue was literally a magnet to anything that would stick.

Included a pic of my hood where you can see where the clearcoat was protected by the decals, it stands out in certain lighting. The skeletal remains of a few hundred 80mph bugs stand out pretty bad too.....ha

View attachment 80542

View attachment 80543
Do you think wet sanding will get rid of that?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the 4 wide at Charlotte? Seen the guys last weekend at the Spring Nationals.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think wet sanding will get rid of that?
In the paint? Wet sanding for certain will, but I think cutting it with a compound polish will actually take it out. We'll find out soon, I'll definitely share the results.
How was the 4 wide at Charlotte? Seen the guys last weekend at the Spring Nationals.
It was great, the 4 wide is really unique. I'd personally rather see traditional drag racing, but I'll take what I can get. Been going to NHRA races for 30+ years now (I'm in my 30's lol), and the temporary blindness and smell of nitro will never get old. :) I'd post some pics in the main offtopic here if you think folks would enjoy them?

Here is a nostalgia race that was pretty cool, right before the pros ran. Took this with the phone....

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front windows are tinted, did it in the most redneck way possible. My tint guy hasn't made it to town yet, so I swapped both front windows from my '07 LT. They are tinted 20% to match the back, and I am driving 4 hours each way tomorrow for an airshow in SC. I really didn't want to do the drive without tint, the windshield can wait.

_20170505_191234.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094