Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Don't comment much anymore but that's a nice PPV. If I get a Tahoe again that's what it'll be for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quoting and replying for no reason to break the thread hijack. :yuno:

[emoji14]

Still storming pretty bad around here (central NC). I'll get up a dry photo once I can throw some soap on the poor thing. :)

On a side note, I did get my two door dings removed last night (paintless). And I am getting my windshield tinted 40% Saturday morning. Got a potential buyer for the '07 LT, once its gone I'll move forward with a few things like leather front seats, the steering wheel, etc.

Then time to decide on suspension. :mexsmoke:
My bad. Went off on a tangent there.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the paint/sun damaged clear coat. I was going to pay a buddy to buff/cut/polish mine, but between the distance and his own projects going on.....I decided to try it myself. Went to Northern Tool and picked up this DA.

_20170528_154652.JPG

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say I got the results I was looking for. I'm pretty happy!

View attachment 82682

View attachment 82683
Dam. I would say so to. I have one from harbour freight that I have not had time to use. What pads did you use?

And this NC weather had been ridiculous the past few weeks. Im in Greensboro. My grass is loving it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam. I would say so to. I have one from harbour freight that I have not had time to use. What pads did you use?

And this NC weather had been ridiculous the past few weeks. Im in Greensboro. My grass is loving it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Weather has been ruthless!

I actually used one of the pads that came with my DA in the kit, it wasn't labeled as to how abrasive it was.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snapped a couple of quick pics today, before heading out to the airport to smell jet fuel and get some photos.

Minus finding a solution for the tailgate holes, I am pretty content with the appearance now. Two dings removed via paintless, all of the old evidence of vinyl from Highway Patrol is buffed out (I am going to do a full polish soon), running boards are Herculine'd, and front glass is tinted 20% and the windshield is tinted 35%. Last but not least, I threw a new pair of Depo headlights on it which made a huge difference.

BI4G9029.jpg

BI4G9037.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17