Someone tried to steal The Beast, now the ignition wont turn on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a quote of about $750 yesterday for a Compustar with remote start and the T11 which I found out is just an expensive 2-way remote with 3 mile range that will let me know someone is messing with my truck. That didn't even include the interior siren or backup battery. Install was $200. I used to install back in the dark ages when we had to figure out the vehicles wiring on our own and wire in our own relay blocks for door locks, etc. I'm thinking I might save some cash and install it myself. I have a problem paying that much for an install but I need to look into it more.

Blackie

Reaction score
I got a quote of about $750 yesterday for a Compustar with remote start and the T11 which I found out is just an expensive 2-way remote with 3 mile range that will let me know someone is messing with my truck. That didn't even include the interior siren or backup battery. Install was $200. I used to install back in the dark ages when we had to figure out the vehicles wiring on our own and wire in our own relay blocks for door locks, etc. I'm thinking I might save some cash and install it myself. I have a problem paying that much for an install but I need to look into it more.

If you installed back in the day, installation is MUCH easier today with all the interface modules available. I installed the Viper 5305V, DBALL2, 2-DEI530t's, and the VSM250 almost a year ago and have had no problems. I just added the DEI2102t PKE and am loving being able to just walk up to the truck and have the doors unlock. All the wires you need for install are directly under your steering column/knee bolster (unless you wire up window modules, you have to wire into the doors for those).

www.the12volt.com

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you installed back in the day, installation is MUCH easier today with all the interface modules available. I installed the Viper 5305V, DBALL2, 2-DEI530t's, and the VSM250 almost a year ago and have had no problems. I just added the DEI2102t PKE and am loving being able to just walk up to the truck and have the doors unlock. All the wires you need for install are directly under your steering column/knee bolster (unless you wire up window modules, you have to wire into the doors for those).

www.the12volt.com
Did you use a Blade for the passlock bypass? I'm trying to figure out what I need to program that; that's a bit confusing but it looks like I need a separate programming cable to hook up to a USB port on my PC. So far I'm looking at the Compustar remote start-security module FT-7200S, Pro T11 remote, Alarmit Kit which has a glass breakage sensor and tilt sensor, a Blade-al from iDatalink, ADS-USB programming cable for the Blade and that loud-ass piezo siren for the interior. That looks like about $450 total for parts.

Blackie

Reaction score
Did you use a Blade for the passlock bypass? I'm trying to figure out what I need to program that; that's a bit confusing but it looks like I need a separate programming cable to hook up to a USB port on my PC. So far I'm looking at the Compustar remote start-security module FT-7200S, Pro T11 remote, Alarmit Kit which has a glass breakage sensor and tilt sensor, a Blade-al from iDatalink, ADS-USB programming cable for the Blade and that loud-ass piezo siren for the interior. That looks like about $450 total for parts.

No, I went with all DEI/Viper products. I've never installed Compustar products but always heard good things about them. I went with DEI because they own almost every alarm brand so I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon. For around $350 you can get a DEI 2 way alarm/remote start (5305V), Passlock II bypass module (DBALL3), and Smart Start module (VSM350). There is an annual service fee for the Smart Start but it provides real time GPS tracking of your vehicle and you can lock/unlock, activate accessories, and start/stop your vehicle from your phone. The nice thing about DEI products is that they integrate together with simple plugs rather than having to run multiple wires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VIPER-...ash=item35f5420ed3:g:Y10AAOSw2GlXIP9a&vxp=mtr

You can find this module cheaper than this link but he will send it to you with the most up to date firmware for your vehicle so it is worth the extra $10-15. That is the ONLY bad thing I have to say about DEI is that they no longer allow average joes to access the firmware to flash your own module (if you have the cable). I just pay a local car audio shop $10 to flash mine when/if needed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/XpressKit-...lEAAOSwMf1ZnVZC:sc:USPSFirstClass!90605!US!-1

And unless you know an installer with a DEI account, you need someone to activate the Smart Start module. I used this guy. He is very quick and had me up and running in 10 minutes after I had everything installed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Directed-V...236884?hash=item41d1c53654:g:zQkAAOSwKOJYHRGl

Hope this info helps. If you go the DEI route I can give you my number and help you out over the phone with any install questions.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I went with all DEI/Viper products. I've never installed Compustar products but always heard good things about them. I went with DEI because they own almost every alarm brand so I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon. For around $350 you can get a DEI 2 way alarm/remote start (5305V), Passlock II bypass module (DBALL3), and Smart Start module (VSM350). There is an annual service fee for the Smart Start but it provides real time GPS tracking of your vehicle and you can lock/unlock, activate accessories, and start/stop your vehicle from your phone. The nice thing about DEI products is that they integrate together with simple plugs rather than having to run multiple wires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VIPER-...ash=item35f5420ed3:g:Y10AAOSw2GlXIP9a&vxp=mtr

You can find this module cheaper than this link but he will send it to you with the most up to date firmware for your vehicle so it is worth the extra $10-15. That is the ONLY bad thing I have to say about DEI is that they no longer allow average joes to access the firmware to flash your own module (if you have the cable). I just pay a local car audio shop $10 to flash mine when/if needed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/XpressKit-...lEAAOSwMf1ZnVZC:sc:USPSFirstClass!90605!US!-1

And unless you know an installer with a DEI account, you need someone to activate the Smart Start module. I used this guy. He is very quick and had me up and running in 10 minutes after I had everything installed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Directed-V...236884?hash=item41d1c53654:g:zQkAAOSwKOJYHRGl

Hope this info helps. If you go the DEI route I can give you my number and help you out over the phone with any install questions.

You said dball3.....hehe

Time for some CCTV Cameras

At the movie theater?

grim hurst

Reaction score
Since jimmy jammers are a quick motive to handle thieves, i also have another suggestion maybe it will help. My hoe has also been a target to theives recently. But they couldn’t take it because i had this onto my brake pedal they could shift it out of gear.
9B11BBD2-A26B-4A04-93E6-7BA2B84DC3E4.jpeg 81BE50AC-7CFD-405C-A34E-A72CACC86B5D.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Glad those scumbags didn't get it. It goes from the brake pedal to? Back in the day it was easier to cut through the steering wheel to defeat The Club. It would literally take 10 secs to do it with a hacksaw.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad those scumbags didn't get it. It goes from the brake pedal to? Back in the day it was easier to cut through the steering wheel to defeat The Club. It would literally take 10 secs to do it with a hacksaw.
Brake pedal to the floor. It forces the brake pedal up. You can't push the brake so putting it in gear and driving almost impossible.

I personally prefer my 2 way pager and if you can outrun a .45 caliper round well there's a pro league team ready to write you a check so stop stealing lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14