Someone tried to steal The Beast, now the ignition wont turn on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy your own sim, preferably T-Mobile if you get decent service in your area. This allows for $9/mo for live tracking.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NC0R9OX/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I28X072ZWM01UR&colid=YP4C6SUWAJ2E&psc=1

As far as alarms, you can get away with Scytek 2way with remote start. The unit in my truck is going on 10 years, I've had the same model in other vehicles from 6-9yrs currently. I run a backup battery and an in cabin piezo siren.

As for the doors, I don't use keys to enter. I've also removed the rods attached to the door lock cylinder and I have an external momentary switch wired underneath the floor pan in the rear that unlocks the doors incase I lock myself out.

The alarm also has a digital tilt sensor that is very effective. When I forget my alarm is on and Jack the vehicle up I get no more than 1" off the ground and it goes off.

I also have a glass break sensor added to the alarm in case they decide to break out the rear panel glass on the rear doors as that is a common entry technique too.

So, those are your options. LMK if you need help on anything. I work in public housing admin, I don't mean near it, or down the street, I work at the main admin building in one of the worst areas of town. My truck won't get very far and neither will the assailant if I come out of my office looking for them lol

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with the Compustar Pro T11 alarm? Looks like it gets great reviews and maybe better than Viper.

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry this happened. Thieves really make me mad. It is one reason we live out in the sticks, we rarely ever lock our house and never lock our vehicles.

Once upon a time there was a write up on LS1.com or install university where a guy wired up the ignition to the window switch, you had to push the window switch up (rolling up the window) before the starter would engage.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy your own sim, preferably T-Mobile if you get decent service in your area. This allows for $9/mo for live tracking.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NC0R9OX/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I28X072ZWM01UR&colid=YP4C6SUWAJ2E&psc=1

As far as alarms, you can get away with Scytek 2way with remote start. The unit in my truck is going on 10 years, I've had the same model in other vehicles from 6-9yrs currently. I run a backup battery and an in cabin piezo siren.

As for the doors, I don't use keys to enter. I've also removed the rods attached to the door lock cylinder and I have an external momentary switch wired underneath the floor pan in the rear that unlocks the doors incase I lock myself out.

The alarm also has a digital tilt sensor that is very effective. When I forget my alarm is on and Jack the vehicle up I get no more than 1" off the ground and it goes off.

I also have a glass break sensor added to the alarm in case they decide to break out the rear panel glass on the rear doors as that is a common entry technique too.

So, those are your options. LMK if you need help on anything. I work in public housing admin, I don't mean near it, or down the street, I work at the main admin building in one of the worst areas of town. My truck won't get very far and neither will the assailant if I come out of my office looking for them lol
How would you get in if your battery died?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't offer any suggestions, but I'm happy those lowlife scumbags didn't get her. If you need the column cover plastics, I got one for ya. Just get the shipping. Sorry again Red.
Well after R&R'ing it a couple times mines getting bad so I'll take that, PM sent.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would you get in if your battery died?
This past fall when I killed the battery when messing with the Passlock issue my car alarm still functioned off the reserve backup battery. In fact it was operable a week after sitting there with a dead battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne