Some people should not work on trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only limped it across town with the 396 but haven't really driven it on the street. It's a beast to put into 1st gear with 4.56's and a Spec 4+ clutch.

OP
OP

1_8TTony

Reaction score
Did she drive it with those mods?
Yeah. The exhaust. Granatelli MAF, Edelbrock intake manifold, trans shift kit, MSD Optispark igntion coil/module..........I started building the car but quickly realized that aftermarket performance parts for LT1 motors more expensive than the equivalent part for an LS engine. The performance gains don't justify the $$$ for the parts (in regards to the LT engine). Better off to swap in a smaller-bone stock 5.3 LS and instantly have more power.

OP
OP

1_8TTony

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome deal in the end. I wish I had a boom truck to pull motors instead of my $150 Harbor Freight cherry picker. Thanks for the reminder of all the trouble I'm going to have pulling the locked up engine in my Caprice PPV.
Actually......you're in luck. The whole front of your car will come off. The core support, lights, radiator, etc....it will come off mostly as a single unit. That's how I am doing the engine swap on the blue BMW. I'll post the one crappy pic I have of the engine/trans as it waits to get slid into place. I snapped this picture earlier today. I've got it all bolted in and all electricals plugged in. Hopefully will be ready to drive tomorrow.

If I were you, I'd disconnect the engine harness at the ECU, lay it atop the engine. Lower the engine and trans while still attached to the subframe, lower it onto the legs of the engine hoist and roll the entire assembly out from underneath the car. Obviously making sure all other things (ground straps, hoses, steering coupler, struts etc) are disconnected.

OP
OP

1_8TTony

Reaction score
15492071_1197965120279663_1341596903717283735_n.jpg

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1_8TTony, cool score! Sounds like it was an awful lot of work though. You're blue Bimmer is pretty nice! Atleast you'll be able to make a little money off the other one you bought!

Did she drive it with those mods?

You got it mixed up. There are two Impy owners.

1. 1_8TTony has the car in the pic. That's the one that needs TLC, driving when she got her license.
2. eagle_co94 is the owner of the Impy with the 383.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844