Some basic questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

First, yes, I did a search and also read back about 4 pages. I have a few simple questions/comments and wanted to get the thoughts of the experts please:

1. I have a 2077 Yukon SLT with with Bose and factory rear entertainment. No nav.
2. About 3 months ago while I was driving there was a very loud pop/boom while I was listening at relatively high levels. No distortion really in my speakers, but it was pretty loud. At first I thought someone shot at my truck. lol
3. I have just realized that the left side speakers are barely producing any noise. I also noticed that at high levels, things aren't sounding as good. Could just be the lack of the left side speakers. Haha
4. Not sure how long I will be keeping this rig, but I like my music. I realize the Bose is crap, and have never been a fan of the brand in general, but it wasn't terrible until recently.
5. Could it be a fried AMP/channel, and where is it located? Easy or hard to replace?
6. I assume putting different speakers in will give me better sound to begin with, but curious if I have to replace a ton of stuff to do so. Are the speakers in the doors and pillars a pita to get at, or is it basic tools to access and replace?
7. I'm a fan of Focal. Anyone install these speakers and can tell me if there are fitment issues?

Bottom line, the left side speakers are not working. Is getting to the amp a tough proposition to troubleshoot as well as replacing the factory speakers. Thanks for any and all help and suggestions.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be more help, I usually lean on Crutchfield for my systems. I just want to see a pic of a 2077 Yukon SLT. Does it even have wheels? Lol. I'm just playing bud. Honestly tho, I think you may have blown the amp or at least one channel. If you replace speakers you may need to rewire or also do amp at same time. Pretty sure it's in the center console. Maybe someone else will know these things for sure. Or call crutchfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts