[SOLVED] Fast blinking after Turn Signal LED bulb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Was reading the comments. It works great with 2 bulbs , either rear only or front only. Add an extra set and it doesn't work. Also doesn't work with trailer lights.
I already have 4 leds up front and going to 2 more leds out back. I don't think this would work with my set up.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean ? i cant change turn signal and brake bulbs all to led with this

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That's what I was reading . Just one pair. Most use it for switchbacks , probably cause after they buy led tails with built in resistors.
And most don't do the drl delete mod like I did

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a bummer i just wanted to install led bulbs on the factory lights without having to tap into wires

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yep me too. Can always order it and try your luck, maybe it would work. I know how weird these trucks are with electrical systems. I already have my fronts wired up with resistors, all I have to do is the rears.

Archer04

Reaction score
Well I attempted the fix with resistors, got them in did a voltmeter test to make sure it was connecting to the correct wire. After all the installation with soldering and shrink tubing the wires, still have the hyper blink. Tested the wire before the resistor and after, and got the same flux in voltage. Thinking the resistor is bad and not doing its job. Going to pull it back out and put it on my 12 v power supply and test to see if it is doing its job and resisting current or not. Thinking I might just do the flasher swap now.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
thats a bummer i just wanted to install led bulbs on the factory lights without having to tap into wires
Haven't you read that's what I've done and how I've solved it without adding resistors?

Well I attempted the fix with resistors, got them in did a voltmeter test to make sure it was connecting to the correct wire. After all the installation with soldering and shrink tubing the wires, still have the hyper blink. Tested the wire before the resistor and after, and got the same flux in voltage. Thinking the resistor is bad and not doing its job. Going to pull it back out and put it on my 12 v power supply and test to see if it is doing its job and resisting current or not. Thinking I might just do the flasher swap now.
Why did you go for the soldering? Just replace your blinking module and add normal led bulbs.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
What do you means it doesn't work ? You tried with the electronic blinker?
No, I have more than 2 bulbs for turn signals. I have 4, and soon 2 more in the rear, for 6 total. It draws too much power for it to work correctly . So I have to stick with hardwired resistors.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
No, I have more than 2 bulbs for turn signals. I have 4, and soon 2 more in the rear, for 6 total. It draws too much power for it to work correctly . So I have to stick with hardwired resistors.
The goal of this topic is exactly how to do without the resitor thing. Things are, with the OEM TS/H (Turn Signal/Hazard) module, LED bulbs won't drain enough power through it. Mechanicaly, there's a blade of metal inside that bends when warmed by the power going through it. With LED Bulbs, it does bend less because they drain less power and it cools faster because it did not warmed a lot. That's why the blinking rate is unusually fast.
From that, you can add resistor which will increase the power drain, but, it's my 2 cents, then there's no more interest in LED bulbs. It will drain as much power for more expensive bulbs.
The other option, is to replace the mechanical module with an electronic one. That's what I've explained page 1.

I have 4 regulars TS, and as a european, I have 2 more located on the front querter panels. EU regulation. :(
I have swapped the regular TS with LED Bulbs and let the European TS as they were.
Since I have the electronical module, everything works fine.