Solution For Those With 3rd Row Seats Not Folding Flat (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this up so that people who have issues with the 3rd row power seats not laying flat know how to fix it. I got tired of messing around with the dealership, so I took some time to figure it out myself. Novel idea, right? Yeah.

Anyway...there are two possible causes:

(1) COMMON: your Tahoe came with the rubber protection kit which slides under the seats...thus preventing the bottom cushion from completely folding to the floor. Take a razor blade and carve out the lip that sides under the 3rd row seat. The rubber under there can hinder the folding process.

(2) MY FIX: At the end of the rails on the floor under the seat bottoms there are three 3x4 plastic caps. Sometimes these plastic end-caps sit too high which don't let the bottom seats fold flush to the floor. Snap them out, and then fold down the seats. They go down pretty much flush.

After:

EVpQMqvESPGfXisH92%I8Q.jpg

Before:

GFs9ExYFQSO%iPUGd9gKyA.jpg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That simple? And GM couldn't/wouldn't figure it out, huh.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Z71Jack

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess so David. I probably should have looked at it more thoroughly myself. I checked the obvious things like the headrests, seat belts, or other objects. Never thought it would be something so simple as a plastic trim piece under the seat.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess so David. I probably should have looked at it more thoroughly myself. I checked the obvious things like the headrests, seat belts, or other objects. Never thought it would be something so simple as a plastic trim piece under the seat.
Not sure how you meant your post but mine was a (negative) comment about GM (and dealers in general), not you. Sorry if you took it that way.

OP
OP
Z71Jack

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't take it that way, David. I knew what you meant:) I've had GM vehicles for over 20 years and it's been an adventure for sure. Dealing with GM service advisors and dealership body shops is a battle more often than not. Some dealers are worse than others.

Cheers!

yesac

Reaction score
Fully removed the 3rd row seats last week. Couldn’t be happier with the extra space and lower deck height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345