sold my 2wd hoe and bought a 4x4 burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decided to sell my 2002 tahoe the otherday and i was gonna buy another tahoe but i always kinda wanted a suburban and the fact that my hoe had barn doors and tahoe barn doors are kinda few and far betwen around here so i found a nice 2001 4x4 suburban 5.3 extremely well maintained i mean holy crap he had every single repair replacement and maintnence record since the vehicle was new the transmission replaced 3 yeears ago with a new transmission,
from what i can tell by the records nothing has been replaced repeatedly
the only problem it had is the hood is sunburnt pretty good wich isnt uncommen here in arizona the AC is so god dam cold i could hang slabs of meat in the back.

Attachments

• 00k0k_dUIHgn9e2lT_600x450.jpg
    00k0k_dUIHgn9e2lT_600x450.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 17

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man, she sure it's pretty! Any further plans for modding? How the adjustment from the shorty to long style ? Mr personally, i love the extra cargo space! !

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im a big fan of the barn doors wich my tahoe had and barn door tahoes are few and far between but just about every suburban has them
plus i really think suburbans look tight when there lifted with descent size tires
now as far as mods same things i had planned for my tahoe just more twords offroad applications
maybe 6 inch lift havent decided on the size of tires yet and i want to go with the expedition mods safari rack on top with lights intake snorkal front brushguard with ***** racks for fuel cans and spare tires

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sunburnt hood

the hood on my suburban was pretty sunburnt and heres a pic right after i got done wetsanding it
gettin ready to repaint it
appearently medium green metallic is a color GM hasnt used in along time becuase out of all the pepboys autozones and orileys none had it in stock except one pepboys had it

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
  • suburban.jpg
    suburban.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it kinda odd that my tahoe was a 4.8 with a 3.42 rear and i barely got 400 miles to a tank and that was all freeway driving
but with this suburban its a 5.3 and a 3.73 rear and i 422 miels to a tank around town driving some freeway

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

also i need some advice on some preventative maintenance/repair
the previous owner kept very good records and so far what ive found out is the tranny was replaced 3 years ago not with a used or rebuilt this guy shelled out the dough for a brand spaken new tranny so i know thats good
the only thing ive noticed so far is im getting somewhat low oil pressure
now is this typical for a engine with this hi miles

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it kinda odd that my tahoe was a 4.8 with a 3.42 rear and i barely got 400 miles to a tank and that was all freeway driving
but with this suburban its a 5.3 and a 3.73 rear and i 422 miels to a tank around town driving some freeway

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

also i need some advice on some preventative maintenance/repair
the previous owner kept very good records and so far what ive found out is the tranny was replaced 3 years ago not with a used or rebuilt this guy shelled out the dough for a brand spaken new tranny so i know thats good
the only thing ive noticed so far is im getting somewhat low oil pressure
now is this typical for a engine with this hi miles
Low oil pressure isn't normal, but then again it varies on some vehicles. If it's at lie on idle, like below the middle but close to it, and rises under acceleration to a higher value, then you are fine. Oil pressure sensors are typically dummy sensors anyway

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i know what is happening

now with my 2002 tahoe i previously had when i changed the oil id put like 5 quarts in
i cant remember but it would register full on the dip stick then after driving it around id start getting low oil lights breifly and id check it again and itd be like almost a quart low

now i just checked my burban dipstick it was about a quart low so i tossed a quart in and i started getting higher oil pressure

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now my next question should i take off the door moldings and the wheel well fenders there both being held on by adhesive tape
im leaning tword taken them off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts