So I got my seats to fully recline today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this type of mod for the front two seats on a "ratcheting" type of setup and not the "button" type? I have read that the ratcheting setup on the seats are different and isn't some simple golden ring that requires removal.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. For those that have a ratcheting seat (to recline) like me there is whole different mechanism that must be looked at. I just worked on my truck to get all 4 lights to stay on when activating the HI beam. I took the cover off of the seat to check out the mechanism for reclining and I THINK I found out how to do it, but it'll require a lot of work. If you take off the cover and look at the spring, you'll see a bolt running right through it. The bolt will have some teeth (notches) on the top, which is how the whole ratcheting mechanism works. If you look underneath the bolt, you'll see it's notched all the way back to a certain point. This notch on the bolt acts like a guide for the bolt's ratcheting/reclining, and must either be extended, completely removed, or smoothed. I THINK that this will allow the extended reclining that we are seeking, but like I said, it'll be a huge pain in the butt since you'll have to remove the seat completely in order to try to attempt this. You'll have to some how get access to the bolt without the spring in the way. I might do this, but won't be anytime soon as this is probably a good weekend job.

Last edited:

ID_Escalade

Reaction score
you can also use a nut spliter to cut the nut and it wont screw the threads up, you can usually find them at almost any auto parts store they work great

scottwstevenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newbie post here.

Completed this mod today. There's even more room for reclining, but the "guiding rod" runs into the mounting bracket for the set. Someone with the appropriate tools could cut a piece of the metal away (without loosing integrity in the mounting) and get the seat to call all the way flat.

I'm planning on working on this and will post up when / if I do.

-Scott

TqMnster

Reaction score
Done this on my 01 driver side but the passenger side had the plastic cover and spring over it. Have been meaning to do this to my new ride. Hoping I can atleast do this on the driver side again :)

TqMnster

Reaction score
Update: got outside and on my 03 Yukon both sides had the gold colored nut/stop on them unlike my 01 tahoe but I got them both off. My passenger side doesnt go down as far as I remember my tahoes driver side going but its better than it was for sure. Free mods FTW :)

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the gold colored stops can be adjusted? I'd like to adjust them farther back if possible....Just don't feel like grinding away at it.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For lack of a better term, those rings are pretty much *machine pressed* on there. Someone with better terminology or inside knowledge can correct me on that.

However, those suckers are definitely not moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442