So I got my seats to fully recline today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was relatively easy. Just took off the side cover and then used a grinder to cut off the little nut that is clamped on the thread. Took about 30 mins total for both sides. Doesn't really do too much, but now they are more comfortable if I have to take a nap in my truck. :D

OP
OP
V

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's amazing what you'll do to keep busy when you're unemployed and bored. :eek:

wade

Reaction score
i read it, and did it, all with in 13 mins. The cover install was the hardest part! THANKS A MILLION:hands:

OP
OP
V

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, once i got down closer to that rod, i used a dremmel tool to cut it the rest of way. so as to not damage the threads.

wade

Reaction score
eh, i got mine accidentally pretty good, as It was dark and mosquitoes were all over me, but it didnt impair it at all

OP
OP
V

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's good that you didn't mess it up. i was anxious to get it done, but had to keep reminding myself to not rush it. knowing my luck, i would grind right through that rod and then be totally screwed.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to do this, I miss that feature from my monte carlo. I was like damn, fullsize truck and the seat doesn't let all the way back... booooo.

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
I did this to my driver's side about a year ago. It makes a world of difference when taking a nap. I'll get around to the passenger side one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right