So.....how are you all liking the new forum software?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great....not a step forward with the new platform then, more like a step backwards. So typical of "progress" :2cents:

So much for leaving well enough alone.....

Yates, thank you for checking into that for me.

I can understand why you feel that way, but the extended explanation of the setting is that the goal of these notices are to get members on to the forum. Typically only active members subscribe to the forum and opt into email notifications, so I would assume that it's not an issue for many to just login and see what was posted or sent to them via PM. Also, we frequently receive emails from members who reply to subscription notifications and PM notifications thinking that their reply will somehow magically get posted or sent on the forum. It's a huge time drain when we have to sit there and reply back to the user to let them know that they must login to answer. It's especially concerning when the contents of their emails have something to do with a transaction on the forum. We don't want deals going bad because the member didn't know enough to login and reply to a PM.

Hopefully my explanation makes sense to you, even if you aren't a fan of the new configuration. We can't make everyone happy, but we hope you agree that the new software is indeed progress!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still looking for and hoping there is some way to see the text of the new reply in the notification email that is sent to my Inbox when a new reply is posted. The old forum did that in the notification emails. Still haven't found that in Preferences, User CP, etc.

I like it this way, where you have to come to the site and see what was said. Everyday I would get 5-10 emails back with members just posting in the email sent when it clearly says "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL". So I would have to email that person back and let them know that the member they replied to can not see their reply and would have to go to the forum. I was getting tired of it so I have it setup like this and I won't be changing it. Sorry.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it this way, where you have to come to the site and see what was said. Everyday I would get 5-10 emails back with members just posting in the email sent when it clearly says "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL". So I would have to email that person back and let them know that the member they replied to can not see their reply and would have to go to the forum. I was getting tired of it so I have it setup like this and I won't be changing it. Sorry.

So as usual....a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else. I never would've thought that many people replied directly to the notification email, but I guess that is just me since I DO read. It's crazy how many people DO NOT read what is right in front of them. Shaggy, you're a better man than I....I wouldn't bother replying day after day to these people that choose to NOT read. :D I do understand your frustration and decision.

The thing I liked about the reply being in the notification email was that I could see what the next reply was and decide if there was anything to add or if there was some reason to revisit the thread or site. Often, when I'd see a reply that didn't pertain or wasn't relevant for me, I just wouldn't come back to the thread unless I was on the site for something else anyway. With the reply showing in the notification email, it led to less clicking back and forth.

I also used the notification email as a "save" for info I needed handy in my email account. Say someone posts a good description that I'd like to reference later when screwing around with my Tahoe, all I had to do was look in my email, not click into the site and then find what I was looking for.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for not having it as an option, and sorry its screwing up what you got used to. It really help save time for me and BIRDMAN and also helps the site that you come back an view the thread, and possibly reply.

Thanks for understanding and hope this doesn't hurt liking of this forum. :D

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the new software have any affect on Tapatalk? Now I'm not able to see any pictures in posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here ever since the update I can't see any photos on tapatalk??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are now called "Conversations". Up at the right you see in box. Hover over it and a drop down will appear. Start new convo with whom ever you choose.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are now called "Conversations". Up at the right you see in box. Hover over it and a drop down will appear. Start new convo with whom ever you choose.
Yea i tried that out yesterday, i didnt know that replaced pm's. That Pm button was that deal.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there a fix for not being able to see pics on tapatalk????

Sent from my iPhone using TapaCrap!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989