So.....how are you all liking the new forum software?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still looking for and hoping there is some way to see the text of the new reply in the notification email that is sent to my Inbox when a new reply is posted. The old forum did that in the notification emails. Still haven't found that in Preferences, User CP, etc.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still looking for and hoping there is some way to see the text of the new reply in the notification email that is sent to my Inbox when a new reply is posted. The old forum did that in the notification emails. Still haven't found that in Preferences, User CP, etc.

I just set this thread to give me a notification email so I can see what comes through.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not finding anything on this either but I will check with admins and see if it is something they can change.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not finding anything on this either but I will check with admins and see if it is something they can change.

Thank you. It is something that was working on the old platform.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@mattt The email platform has changed with the new software and will only send out a notification of a new post but not actually tell what the post is. From my understanding this will not be changing so you will need to visit the forum to see the actual post contents.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great....not a step forward with the new platform then, more like a step backwards. So typical of "progress" :2cents:

So much for leaving well enough alone.....

Yates, thank you for checking into that for me.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great....not a step forward with the new platform then, more like a step backwards. So typical of "progress" :2cents:

So much for leaving well enough alone.....

Yates, thank you for checking into that for me.
One reason it is better is gets you to come on the forum which increases traffic, not what you wanted to hear but helps the forum in general... :)

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not better in the "user friendly" aspect. We can agree to disagree. :drink_nl:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not better in the "user friendly" aspect. We can agree to disagree. :drink_nl:
Maybe we just like seeing you around these parts and not hiding behind some silly email :shrug:

:head3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu