So, Has anyone swapped their VCIM for Factory Bluetooth Capabililty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooljoe51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything back from that guy yet. So if you guys hear about anything else, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it!

RayenTiger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone shed some light for me. I want to know if the 2010 Onstar modules have same plugs as the 2008s. I have a 2008 lucerne I want to do this too but can't find pictures of a 2010 module. And most compianies don't allow returns on the modules. So I don't want to order it and find out the plug styles are different.

ArizonaD54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump from the past.

Damn VCIMs are hard to find now. Guess Ill go blue fusion route

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Www.carparts.com. Always a few on there. Got mine from a 2010 Buick enclave. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Car-part.com actually

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rdg17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
D
bluetooth

As modded said I did it using a 2010 chevy traverse vcim that i bought off a junk yard in NJ. It was about 100 shipped and took 20 mins to install. I still have functioning onstar and even have the onstar remote link app so i can start my car from my iphone. Everything works great and its one of the best mods i have done for the money. To get onstar back i pushed the onstart button and told the lady that my vcim had crapped out so i bought a used one online and she did everything else. The only thing that is not correct is when i log onto onstar or talk to any rep they think im in a traverse lol.

BTW I have a 08 Tahoe
Did
bluetooth

As modded said I did it using a 2010 chevy traverse vcim that i bought off a junk yard in NJ. It was about 100 shipped and took 20 mins to install. I still have functioning onstar and even have the onstar remote link app so i can start my car from my iphone. Everything works great and its one of the best mods i have done for the money. To get onstar back i pushed the onstart button and told the lady that my vcim had crapped out so i bought a used one online and she did everything else. The only thing that is not correct is when i log onto onstar or talk to any rep they think im in a traverse lol.

BTW I have a 08 Tahoe
bluetooth

BTW I have a 08 Tahoe
Did you already have remote start as an option?

AMRguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New on here and only had my 2008 Hoe for a couple of months. I was really disappointed when I found about about the old onstar system. Mother has a Cadillac SRX and I've gotten used to the app for remote start, bluetooth calling, weather and ability to download turn by turn address. I've read alot about this in the forums. I hoping someone can tell me one way or the other, yes or no. Can a 2008 Tahoe be upgraded with a used VCIM and retain onstar (upgraded functionality), get bluetooth and know that it is in a 2008 Tahoe with my VIN ? I read about a place that unlocks and re-programs. Can anyone tell me if this is possible ?

Thanks in advance.
Christopher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon