So, Has anyone swapped their VCIM for Factory Bluetooth Capabililty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or am I going to be the first one on TYF?

Supposedly on 07-08 vehicles, you swap the VCIM and you lose On* but you gain Bluetooth ability.

On 09+ vehicles without Bluetooth, you put the VCIM in and you can keep On* and Bluetooth too.

VCIM is like $200 and takes about 15 minutes to install.

I'll use this thread as a reference since that's where I found it:
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123200

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it's really hard to get a new VCIM that has the bluetooth capability.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I know about that. Its possible if you buy the VCIM. Pretty easy swap. Ryan, another forum member from my area did it.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it's really hard to get a new VCIM that has the bluetooth capability.

Pretty sure Schram auto has several. I'm off to investigate!!!

ryanls1

Reaction score
bluetooth

As modded said I did it using a 2010 chevy traverse vcim that i bought off a junk yard in NJ. It was about 100 shipped and took 20 mins to install. I still have functioning onstar and even have the onstar remote link app so i can start my car from my iphone. Everything works great and its one of the best mods i have done for the money. To get onstar back i pushed the onstart button and told the lady that my vcim had crapped out so i bought a used one online and she did everything else. The only thing that is not correct is when i log onto onstar or talk to any rep they think im in a traverse lol.

BTW I have a 08 Tahoe

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As modded said I did it using a 2010 chevy traverse vcim that i bought off a junk yard in NJ. It was about 100 shipped and took 20 mins to install. I still have functioning onstar and even have the onstar remote link app so i can start my car from my iphone. Everything works great and its one of the best mods i have done for the money. To get onstar back i pushed the onstart button and told the lady that my vcim had crapped out so i bought a used one online and she did everything else. The only thing that is not correct is when i log onto onstar or talk to any rep they think im in a traverse lol.

BTW I have a 08 Tahoe

Wow that is awesome. If I had onstar, I would definitely do this mod just for the cool Onstar Remote Link app for the iphone!!! So you can use Onstar AND bluetooth on an 08? I thought ScSS said ya couldn't since it was 07-08...

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that is awesome. If I had onstar, I would definitely do this mod just for the cool Onstar Remote Link app for the iphone!!! So you can use Onstar AND bluetooth on an 08? I thought ScSS said ya couldn't since it was 07-08...

I was only going off what was said on the linked website on the first post. I am all over this like flies on ****!!!

ryanls1

Reaction score
Ya i did alot of research on some other forums about it, and some people lost onstar and some kept it. I think it just depends on the onstar rep you get and how nice you are to them. It took maybe 20 mins on the phone with them and everything was working. They even gave me a free trial again

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In for updaters ... never heard of this and it sounds like something to do.

My only question is how would the bt operate, meaning where would the controls for it be?
Not knowing how where it is on the latest models I'm wondering if it's inegrated in the dic or is it on the nav display for those who have nav. :think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2