Snow....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to NE Virginia next January (2019) on orders until 2022, anyone know how they treat the roads around DC area, I don't expect at all that they are nearly as bad as those roads, just curious. I'm out in Washington right now and only real salt exposure I get is going up to the mountain to go snowboarding, get home and run it through the touchless car wash for the outside then take my handy fan sprinkler shove it up under the tahoe and let it run for a bit which works just fine. Also I have a set of MT/AT hybrids not as aggresive as a Super swamper and not as tame as a AT KO2 kinda in the middle, and they are also designed to work well in snow and ice, however haven't had the chance to try them on ice which I don't have any desire to but curious if yall recommend just going out and getting a set of winter tires to throw on her.

I’ve lived in the area since 1976. They do a decent job treating and plowing the roads. What you have to watch out for is large amount of morons that can barely drive in the rain, much less the snow. You’ll get used to seeing the same traffic light change 2 or 3 times before traffic moves.

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more than used to driving in the rain, especially pouring, grew up in SC where it can just pop up out of nowhere and be an absolute downpour and am stationed right now about 2 hours north of Seattle, where it rains 150 days a year lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts