Smokeymance's Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Pics to follow this week after the rear SS lines come in. Hope when I bleed the system I have no leaks and I'll be a happy camper.

What I meant by half off I was talking about the rear brake like kit (brakes don't come w the lines and fittings). The kit from summit is 106$. Twice as much as the front brake line kit and the lines are literally about the 1/3rd of the front lines, just two more adapters for the axle fittings, the fittings I posted above that are giving me the grey hairs. If I piece all the parts myself, kit comes out to about 60$. I did just that but ordered shorter lines. not sure if Wilwood built these line kits for the more popular truck versions of the gmt900, but just more opinion, it would need a little fine tuning to make it a perfect bolt on suv kit.

To recap, the front line kit should have came w 90* fittings behind the caliper vs the straight, and maybe slightly shorter lines. Overall it was ok to route and I wish it came w some kind of clips to secure the line in its way to the frame mount.

Rears should, as mentioned above, come w better "axle hard line to SS line better adapter fittings" and shorter SS lines. The lines have Possibility of a rub on the bump stop pad on the axle so I'll have to maybe wrap the line w some protector to make sure it doesn't wear.

Sorry for the long read. I just love brakes.

BlackOh7on22s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I could help w/ that! Just imagine if I took you for a ride in the mustang,:burnout: you'd wanna get a drag car next :badidea:

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Oh i believe, i already got that itch driving all these ZR1s and GTRs...truck seems like a damn golf cart!

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
So 9" lines were too tight, 10 were pretty on the longer side still but they will work...12 were just too long! Wilwood lines also come with plastic end overmoldson the lines where the fitting rotates...reason that sucks is as you tighten that fitting, the line will spin on you and bind up...i ordered the aeroquip lines as they come with metal ends...this way i can use light pressure on w pliers to hold the line from rotating as i tighten the line down...long story short shes bolted up, bled, and ready to rock...

79F69767-6BC8-4270-9A7A-5552134A5D25_zps3jbbiapz.jpg

E9698FAF-05AF-420E-883B-1F6829EA5695_zpsxgtdxzdo.jpg

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Hey hey...nothing really much...been busy so truck been sitting around...working on getting tune dialed in more as we had some issues with the MAP sensor not reading right and taking all the power out on anything over 60% throttle...i thinks its pretty close now. Next on list is to tap into the ECM and get a wire plugged in the EGR pin so we can use that on the EFI live as a AFR readout for the wideband...well see how that works...

Also been thinking of taking the rear pucks out the lowering kit int he back so the rear drops down a bit too...also took the roof rack off! anybody want a roof rack?

IMG_1104_zpsilmn6ao4.jpg