smoke from engine and antifreeze everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's your water pump, buddy. Easy peasy.

my uncle said it may be that since its coming up on 100k miles. probably crapped out? it seems to be coming from this section whether its the hoses or the pump. the car is not driveble until its replaced right?

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also dont have a place nearby to work on this car im in the city. if i have ideas the mechanic i trust will look there and give me a break on labor if i get the pieces.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
my uncle said it may be that since its coming up on 100k miles. probably crapped out? it seems to be coming from this section whether its the hoses or the pump. the car is not driveble until its replaced right?

Don't drive it. Can you pull the hoses off and inspect them? They're gonna have to come off anyways if it turns out to be the pump. Can you not work on it where it's sitting? Seriously, bud, watch a couple you tubes for changing that pump, it's easy. You can do it.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't drive it. Can you pull the hoses off and inspect them? They're gonna have to come off anyways if it turns out to be the pump. Can you not work on it where it's sitting? Seriously, bud, watch a couple you tubes for changing that pump, it's easy. You can do it.

Part of the fun of these trucks is how easy they are to work on. This is an ideal first repair for you :waytogo:

you guys are klling me i love working on the truck lol it was just bad place where it happened and i got it in a parking lot right now where i rent a space theyre real strict about working on cars there. if i put it out on the street nearby the closest autozone, aap etc, is 6 or 7 miles away. if the car was drivable like it was with the 02 sensors then heck yea id have tried my hand at it. i got an empty lot i can work without issue and put down tarp to clean and carboard keep everything organized. as of right now its sitting in a safe spot i gotta get it towed from there to the mechanic. tows alone already costing me a couple hundred. hate nyc lol

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
watched a couple videos its definitely coming from those hoses or that pump somewhere in that area. but damn man it was like someone turned on a hose in my car the way it was coming out the bottom. sorta looked like that scene in alien when the stuff is dripping crazy

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
watched a couple videos its definitely coming from those hoses or that pump somewhere in that area. but damn man it was like someone turned on a hose in my car the way it was coming out the bottom. sorta looked like that scene in alien when the stuff is dripping crazy

Lol. The only other thing I could think with losing that much that fast would be lower intake gasket blowout, but that coolant is under some pressure, so even just a cracked hose can spew pretty crazy. Just be sure to let us know how it all turns out.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When u broke down like that do what ya gotta do. Those hoses are usually pretty solid. I got twice the miles, actually 250k and original hoses. The waterpumps do seem to go bad after 100k miles though. Try to clean the area up and run some distilled water though the surge tank and see where it comes out. Ironically I just ran into a guy at the parts store yesterday complaining about a leak at the y-connection of those hoses. Just a few clips holding it on and a quick parking lot fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. The only other thing I could think with losing that much that fast would be lower intake gasket blowout, but that coolant is under some pressure, so even just a cracked hose can spew pretty crazy. Just be sure to let us know how it all turns out.

will do.

When u broke down like that do what ya gotta do. Those hoses are usually pretty solid. I got twice the miles, actually 250k and original hoses. The waterpumps do seem to go bad after 100k miles though. Try to clean the area up and run some distilled water though the surge tank and see where it comes out. Ironically I just ran into a guy at the parts store yesterday complaining about a leak at the y-connection of those hoses. Just a few clips holding it on and a quick parking lot fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

lmao i was thinking about heading to the autozone parking lot and see what the old heads there could do but it was too dangerous to drive there. couple people i spoke to whos had cars over 100k miles of different models all had to change the water pump around the same time. seems to be the consistent opinion but none of them have a gm car. but then again how different can engines be overall? i think it could be the hoses ill tey and see what i can do tomorrow. ill try and see if i can get the car on the street, if its the hoses, take a cab and back to the parts store will still be cheaper than another tow and the mechanic fees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2