Sluggish taking off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 tahoe 4x4 5.7 LT. Replaced the engine at 215k. at 260 now. What does a transmission slip feel like? When i take off from a stop sign or light, it seems as if I have to give it extra throttle to get it going. It'll take off, just really sluggish. Is there anything other than a transmission issue that this could be?

Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is shifting thru gears right? if not does the same thing happens when you manually shift from first to third? what what oddities, if any, preceded the issue?

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it shifts through gears fine. Its still a smooth shift. I'll have to try shifting later. I was shifting from 1st to 2nd yesterday and it felt fine. and nothing other than this has happened.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So....It's definitely a fuel issue. I want to do everything but touch the pump. Give me any other options.I've replaced that thing too many times and want to figure this thing out. It'll bog sometimes when taking off. It will shut off while at a light or drive thru. And while driving down the highway or accelerating, it'll shut the engine off for half a second and start back up. It's like there's a valve in the fuel line that decides when it wants to give the engine fuel....any ideas?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
x2

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

crummy pump relay terminals if it is fuel? old style connector on the pump?

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me how haha. What is it supposed to be? Can the guy at advanced read it, or do I have to buy the tool?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
can borrow a big kit from autozone if you leave a deposit(can be as high as $150 but you get it back). test port is on one of the fuel lines on top of engine. should be about 55psi give/take when idling for starters.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. ill check that after work today. I dont know if this is related, but I was cruising yesterday and noticed a ticking noise from underneath when on the gas. I came to a light and revved(in drive) and it got faster with the rpm's. I shifted into neutral and revved and no ticking....I have this feeling my transmissions going to go soon. It shifts funky, like it's hesitant to shift sometimes.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
a loose converter to engine bolting can do that to. can you tell me or get a vid of the sound and the speed at which it happens? all this while the vehicle stays in one place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667