Sidesteps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those who kept their sidesteps, what will make em nice n black instead of the faded color they are now, i was doin the back to black stuff on my mirror trim n roof racks then tried it on a sample on my sidesteps nd it looked good but then someone (gf) was gettin in the passenger seat and almost fell and smashed herself cuz it was too slippery, i hadnt really noticed it since i dont really use em but shes a bit shorter so she needs em. dont kno if i wanna paint em tho since it probly wouldnt weather right..............back to black did make em look nice tho for those who dont use it

OP
OP
MASS-HOE'Z71

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh forgot about this thread, I'm still using the back to black since the girl is a ***** and won't be in the truck anytime soon, the sidesteps are lookin SWEEET tho, looks like she'll be ridin in a Sebring or whatever the **** the new kid is drivin, Good Riddance

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Heh forgot about this thread, I'm still using the back to black since the girl is a ***** and won't be in the truck anytime soon, the sidesteps are lookin SWEEET tho, looks like she'll be ridin in a Sebring or whatever the **** the new kid is drivin, Good Riddance

Oh jesus what happend? Cheat on ya? Sebring FAIL !!!

OP
OP
MASS-HOE'Z71

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh jesus what happend? Cheat on ya? Sebring FAIL !!!

yup, exactly what happened, werent together too long so its not like breakin up a sevral yr relationship but i think what pissed me off the most was that god awful beat up champagne yellow chrysler sebring convertible and sum kid who looks like he's trying way to hard with the mega tight pants and stupid wool cap in the summer and could pass for a 14 yr old

Chris@glimmerglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use Poorboys Trim Restorer on textured black trim and it does a great job. Use it on a microfiber applicator pad for a little extra bite. Thats my best solution, hope it helps :)

This took about 3 coats and then a final buff w/ a mf towel. I did a quick swipe so you could see just how bad these things were!

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

And after about 3 coats of trim restorer... you get this:D (fwiw, I applied each coat and let it absorb for about 10 mins between each application)

IMG_4064.jpg

Fwiw, you would have to reapply every so often, once you see the trim starting to fade again.

ndavis0001

Davis Motorsports
Reaction score

lol.'.. had to comment...

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Turtle Wax Ice on my sidesteps. The tubes returned to a nice satin black and rubber steps look great as well. Just give it a good wipe down afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew