Side Molding Search

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pame

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket side molding for a 2007 Tahoe LTZ Gas that will cover the original molding site. i.e. 3"1/4" width. I have found a number of 1-2" moldings but they would leave an unsightly area where the unoxidized area of paint would be exposed. The GM parts are a bit costly but I may have to go that route. Thanks

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck. Also get the gm part number, do a Google search as Dealers compete on pricing and some will offer free shipping and no tax.

Last edited by a moderator:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Pam! I've not discovered aftermarket moldings of the same size. For about 1/2 the cost of the original, you might choose the ones without the chrome strip. Still quite pricey though in my opinion. Many people are successful in taking them off and cleaning up the underside to make it look like they were never there.

@NathanJax - Can you stick this in the right forum Nathan?

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket side molding for a 2007 Tahoe LTZ Gas that will cover the original molding site. i.e. 3"1/4" width. I have found a number of 1-2" moldings but they would leave an unsightly area where the unoxidized area of paint would be exposed. The GM parts are a bit costly but I may have to go that route. Thanks
I just removed mouldings from my 09 LTZ Suburban. I can send photos, you make an offer. Black.

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes please
I'll get it done today. Just took mine off in my quest to mod my truck to the idea in my head. They are problem free. Just can't leave good enough alone.

Consider them yours.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I just removed mouldings from my 09 LTZ Suburban. I can send photos, you make an offer. Black.

Yes please

Just FYI... the Surburban moldings are different from the Tahoe due to length.

The front doors are the same but the rear doors are different.... rear Suburban moldings too long for Tahoe.

Last edited:

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI... the Surburban moldings are different from the Tahoe due to length.

The front doors are the same but the rear doors are different.... read Suburban moldings too long for Tahoe.
Good to know. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts