Side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am wanting to swap my mirrors for towing power folding mirrors. My mirrors right now are power adjust but not folding. Is there a simple plug and play mirror to get the towing mirrors that adjust or is it more work than I'm thinking?

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok question about the driver side master window switch. If I buy one off of eBay that is used and pre programmed for powerfolding and the rest then I can buy tow mirrors with power fold option?

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure if the tow mirrors have the same connections and will just work.
I know you can buy NBS power mirrors and a power mirror switch and it will work just fine. Not sure about power tow mirrors working out of the box though.

I'm dropped so I don't care about tow mirrors and never looked into them. That's something you'll have to try and find a guide for. I'm sure there are tons of how-to's out there on this matter.

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd have to look for tow-mirrors from a 2015+ Silverado with power folding, then figure out how to actuate them, and mount them, neither of which will be the same as your NBS. NNBS didn't have power folding tow mirrors either.

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I missed your intentions. Any 99-07 Classic GM mirror will work. Look on ebay, they have the 06-07 style with all the options combos, power adjust and heated, with or without LED turn signals, etc. I upgraded my dad's 05 2500HD to the newer style when he busted his power extending mirrors too many times on the garage door (the ones that have the accordion rubber in the middle, power extended outwards). They bolted up, plugged right in and away we went. As easy as removing the door panel (which is easy).

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So even though my Tahoe only has power adjust and heated option you think my window switch will still do all the other options? Or will I need an updated switch to add the turn signal in the mirror and power folding options?

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 06-07 style mirrors don't power-fold. I don't think you could rig-up a system to make the newer style power folding tow mirrors work, the trucks don't communicate using the same procedures. If your truck doesn't have the turn signal, IIRC that wiring is different, but I don't know how or where you'd need wires to/from. It's more than just the window switch.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing the window switch will do is power fold and adjust view. It doesn't deal with blinkers or heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish