Shudder at light throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do most of my driving on the weekends and definitely felt some shudder. Though there is a big improvement, it still exists so a second dose will be going in soon and will see how next weekend goes.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you all recommend dr. Tranny as preventative maintenance? Or would you only put it in when you felt symptoms?

OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do most of my driving on the weekends and definitely felt some shudder. Though there is a big improvement, it still exists so a second dose will be going in soon and will see how next weekend goes.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but in between the first shudder dose and the second dose, I put Lubeguard synthetic transmission additive. http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-113/LUBEGARD+Platinum+High+Performance+ATF+Protectant this maybe worked along side the shudder fix to help me out with mine.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt put second dose in yet and wasnt aware of the additive you put. Will look into that.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but in between the first shudder dose and the second dose, I put Lubeguard synthetic transmission additive. http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-113/LUBEGARD+Platinum+High+Performance+ATF+Protectant this maybe worked along side the shudder fix to help me out with mine.

Just to confirm, you added the version below? How much did you add? This seems to be a protector, not just ATF fluid. A quart would definitely put me past the full mark so just wondering best way to add....

PLATINUM® High Performance Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Protectant with LXE® & SYNERGOL® Technology

OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm, you added the version below? How much did you add? This seems to be a protector, not just ATF fluid. A quart would definitely put me past the full mark so just wondering best way to add....

PLATINUM® High Performance Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Protectant with LXE® & SYNERGOL® Technology

OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20171201-194812.png

Its only 10ounces not a quart. Full synthetic, compatible with Dexon VI, which our suv takes. I used the whole bottle. My downshifting became smoother and quicker. When feathering accelerator, it used to shudder when bogging....now it downshifts and kicks up rpm to eliminate the bog/shudder danger zone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, This will definitely be my next step.

I've read reviews where people use this on brand new cars as insurance for transmission longevity....in other words, it's good to add this weather or not to help a transmission fix or just to fortify the fluid....It helped in my case...good luck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak