Show off your interior lighting mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have the same kit as @yukonoffroad27 The Type S LED Bluetooth Kit. It has an app where you can change up to 4 zones and add extensions all over the place. I have 3 zones right now: Front Floorboards, Center Console, and Rear Floorboards. I have them set to a kind of turquoise blue that matches the gauges pretty well, but you can change the color to anything you want. Not only that, but all 4 zones can be different. (The blue and red in the pics is just to show them off better) I might go with some puddle or rock lights one of these days.

type_S_LED_color_changing_front_seats_2.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_front_seats.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_center_console.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_rear_seats.jpg type_S_LED_front_seats.jpg type_S_LED_rear_seats.jpg Type_S_LED_app.jpg

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I think I have the same kit as @yukonoffroad27 The Type S LED Bluetooth Kit. It has an app where you can change up to 4 zones and add extensions all over the place. I have 3 zones right now: Front Floorboards, Center Console, and Rear Floorboards. I have them set to a kind of turquoise blue that matches the gauges pretty well, but you can change the color to anything you want. Not only that, but all 4 zones can be different. (The blue and red in the pics is just to show them off better) I might go with some puddle or rock lights one of these days.

type_S_LED_color_changing_front_seats_2.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_front_seats.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_center_console.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_rear_seats.jpg type_S_LED_front_seats.jpg type_S_LED_rear_seats.jpg Type_S_LED_app.jpg
I really need one of these kits. How you do the center console light? type_S_LED_color_changing_center_console.jpg
Can you add more strips and use the same controller ?

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need one of these kits. How you do the center console light? View attachment 192521
Can you add more strips and use the same controller ?
For the console, I just drilled a hole about the size of the led pod above the cubby hole and used some heavy duty tape to secure it. And you can add 4 zones, but as many extensions as you want to each zone. It's a pretty cool design as far as wiring goes.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
For the console, I just drilled a hole about the size of the led pod above the cubby hole and used some heavy duty tape to secure it. And you can add 4 zones, but as many extensions as you want to each zone. It's a pretty cool design as far as wiring goes.
Nice. Thanks for the info. I added a light in the same spot along with the rear cup holders. At night every person that sits in the 2nd row is always looking for where the dammed cup holders are at lol

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for the info. I added a light in the same spot along with the rear cup holders. At night every person that sits in the 2nd row is always looking for where the dammed cup holders are at lol
Awesome idea. They make some rock lights too that might be my next project.

Lew Schiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced my interior lights with LED's as many have. Easy peasey except for the map lights which took more time than all the others combined. Fiddly job..the reflectors wanted to go in cockeyed. But with uncharacteristic patience I got them done.
I really like the result. But..didn't work in the vanity mirror lights. couldn't get them to come on. Is the dimmer the issue?

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced my interior lights with LED's as many have. Easy peasey except for the map lights which took more time than all the others combined. Fiddly job..the reflectors wanted to go in cockeyed. But with uncharacteristic patience I got them done.
I really like the result. But..didn't work in the vanity mirror lights. couldn't get them to come on. Is the dimmer the issue?
Nope, strivgly plug and play. Nothing to do with the dimmer. Did you get the right size? Gotta be careful with those contacts. Touch the wrong ones together and you'll blow the fuse. Did you check that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys