Show off your exterior lighting mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply -- I've been working (a lot).

I;'m attached to having amber turn lights; most of the items I've found turn everything red except the reverse lights. Personal choice, btw -- not trying to say anyone is wrong.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a few of mine from over the years.

True 55w HID Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 projector retrofit, 7" LED bar fog replacements, 21" bar in valence (wired to the fogs), with "HI-7" mod:

View attachment 182846

Underhood LED strip with hidden switch:

View attachment 182847

LED mirror courtesy swap (I really like the mod from the first post, though, I think I might do the same!), VLEDs Triton V3 backups in Spyder LED housings, aux under-bumper backups (going to be replacing with brighter and relocating farther under the bumper, out of sight this week), underbody LED pods wired up with courtesy lights:

View attachment 182848

What LEDs did you use for under the hood. Been wanting to do the same thing just was worried the heat from the engin would melt the leds

SCOOTCH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New tails on my 03. Is like to do the all light mod to my tails. Anyone point me in the direction of a write up maybe? Either I’m searching wrong or I’m not seeing it

SCOOTCH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Supposedly there’s a way to make the whole light More like the 07+ Silverado’s and such.

A202E87E-55F6-4734-ADFC-48562E804736.jpeg

EDIT:
The light output from these is horrible. I love the appearance of them, but as for lights as needed the turn signal, running light and brake light output down right sucks even with LEDs

Last edited:

SCOOTCH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like appearance wise? Or like illumination wise? I added different plugs in mine so it has 4 bulbs as running lights like the silverados do
Like the way both bulbs work the brake and turn signal as well as the running lights. I think the nbs eskys are the same?

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Like the way both bulbs work the brake and turn signal as well as the running lights. I think the nbs eskys are the same?
Ah I see. I'm not sure how that would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins