Shouldn't have stepped into this section...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:laughing1:yall have now made me want to drop my tahoe. I've always been the lift guy. I have an 05 I lifted a bit, but now that I have a 2010 I see it looking great lowered. Since I live in a snowy rough road state I don't think a big drop would be to good, so what drop for a noticeable difference should I get.(I'll have to wait till tax time unfortunately)

Would just rear the 2" springs do it justice?
Or would the 2/3-4 be OK for the bumpy roads

Here's how it sits now. The wheels are 275/55/20

20161130_104252.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. The mud flaps came on it they look huge since I took off the steps haha. I'll probably get different ones or move them further up, I need them here for the dirty and salty roads we have 3 seasons a year..

Couple more qs

I know lifts and how it effects the front ends but what about when the front gets dropped 2" how does it effect the front end parts etc?

The tires I have now just rub a bit only under sharp turn in reverse, will it make them rub worse with the drop?

Hows this kit? Gtg?
https://www.mcgaughystore.com/2007-...-shocks-2-3-economy-drop-kit-mcgaughys-34065/

Milz77

Reaction score
My drop was originally a 2" up front and 3" in back which leveled it nicely however I ended up putting 1" spacer in back for bit more clearance and practicality. Rides wonderful on the 24"'s and no rubbing. I have weathertec mud flaps and only had to cut small amount off inside of them so wouldn't rub. If I took them off, no rubbing at all but I like Having the flaps up north even though I store it in the winter.

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

OP
OP
Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright im about ready to choose if i want a level lift or drop.. just a couple more Qs.

Anyone live in a bumpy/snowy state like i do that has had the 2-3 drop on for a while and drives all year round with it have any issues??

And on the bell kit do i really need the 2 options? djm endlink / bumpstops.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 2/3-4 kit I have is not to low for snow at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345