Should I renew Onstar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pfennig_san

Reaction score
I just let my trial expire because I never used any on-star features except checking vehicle status with my phone using the Chevy app -- but I only checked the status a couple times. I think other stuff on the app like locking the doors still works without it. The in-dash navigation looks like garmin graphics from 20 years ago. I navigate with my on-dash garmin or use the carplay apple maps. I used the free 4G hotspot zero times -- we all have unlimited plans from Sprint. Unless I'm missing some hidden functionality beyond crash assistance, it seems wildly overpriced. I couldn't imagine paying more than $5 a month for the quality of features provided.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just let my trial expire because I never used any on-star features except checking vehicle status with my phone using the Chevy app -- but I only checked the status a couple times. I think other stuff on the app like locking the doors still works without it. The in-dash navigation looks like garmin graphics from 20 years ago. I navigate with my on-dash garmin or use the carplay apple maps. I used the free 4G hotspot zero times -- we all have unlimited plans from Sprint. Unless I'm missing some hidden functionality beyond crash assistance, it seems wildly overpriced. I couldn't imagine paying more than $5 a month for the quality of features provided.

It's insanely overpriced. I like the crash assistance and the advisor access ("where's the closest sub shop?" Etc).

I got the unlimited hotspot since reception works better than phones in rural areas.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have at&t service.
This is a no brainer...
I got this email last month and I enrolled the truck # to my plan for the $20 unlimited.

Screenshot_20170412-221847.jpg

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
For those that have at&t service.
This is a no brainer...
I got this email last month and I enrolled the truck # to my plan for the $20 unlimited.

View attachment 79245
I have this on mine and it's great! My kids can do whatever they want. I also have Apple TV and Android TV in my Suburban

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
onstar unlimited is $20/month regardless of cell phone service carrier.

That is what I just got this week..Of coarse they wanted me to get the highest package and pay the yearly rate immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts