Should I go for it or nah? What yalls opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLow971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I came across this obs Tahoe on the internet and he said he is very interested in trading it for my truck, I know all about my truck and its value, my question is this, I know the other taothertock only books for around 1400$ and mine around 2800$ stock, Obviously it needs quite a bit of body work and then painted but my tahoes clear coat is flaking off and the exposed paint has faded so honestly its not a difference to me. I am trying to determine rather or not the other tahoe, with all the mods and having only 180k original miles on the truck itself and the motor and trans having only 20k on them with pw showing thats true and its basically the fully loaded package like mine is just different models, I feel like it kinda closes the gap in value between the two. Mine has right at 200k on it and yeah the motor and trans bothyare the original ones that came in it, no rebuilds or upgrades or even any big repairs to either one. What is yalls thoughts/opinion on this? Please feel 100% free to speak your mind bc I dont want to make a bad choice here..

Capture+_2017-04-07-00-30-53.png

Capture+_2017-04-07-00-29-53.png

Capture+_2017-04-07-00-30-25.png

Capture+_2017-04-07-00-30-44.png

View attachment 78755

Screenshot_20170406-215708.png

OP
OP
BLow971

BLow971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive been pm'ing guy, thats when he told me about having the paper work on the motor and trans.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you drive it? My concern would be the engine and transmission. Yes, he or someone must've rebuilt them, but how good of a job did they do?

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's worth it. Yes the motor and trans was rebuilt but everything around it is older than yours. All hoses, gaskets, seals, alternator, etc. That's what happened to my dad's old truck before he sold it, the engine and trans was good but he was replacing everything around it because of old age and it was only an 02, in the last year he owned it he replaced, the radiator, water pump, fuel pump, injector pump, leaf springs, brake lines and more that I can't remember. He spent over 6k on replacing all those parts in one year, which is more than the truck was worth. That truck wasn't a chevy but all old trucks will have the same problems. Maybe if it had under 100k miles but with those miles and the age you may spend more in replacing parts then the truck is worth

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd keep your truck and don't proceed with the deal you have a clean great looking truck just spend money modifying it and get it painted it'll look 10 times better then that orange truck does with a paint job

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a lil work it could be a nice truck, this is my old one

5a3305b5df6a1bde630b184fdd9ac05c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BLow971

BLow971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay thanks guys and no I didnt drive it was going look at it but Ive decided not to get it anyways bc I grew up riding and working on my truck, it was my mommas she had it from around 25k and I bought it from her with 196k on it so I know what I got and its been taken GOOD care of over the years, plus add the awesome memories over the years on top of that and nah I just cant let it go. Im sure some of yall get that.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think your making a good choice. I think all of us value nostalgia. On another note though, as cool as it would be to roll around in something that slammed. I doubt it it would make sense as your DD. The truck you have is probably allot more useful in all situations.

OP
OP
BLow971

BLow971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Exactly, fully bagged prolly wont pull a trailer and if it would prolly ride and drive like crap... I had to think about it before I decided anyways, bc I personally believe that rushed decisions end up being wrong decisions

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, fully bagged prolly wont pull a trailer and if it would prolly ride and drive like crap... I had to think about it before I decided anyways, bc I personally believe that rushed decisions end up being wrong decisions
Plenty of guys towing gooseneck trailers with bagged and body dropped trucks, bagged doesn't mean it can't or that it rides horrible, most often times means it does it smoother....but that truck is horrendous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts