Should I buy a mesh grill and make it custom or keep my billet grill??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
So right now my front end clip is the solid chrome one, with a chrome billet grill insert, and black bow tie. Well I really love the look of the custom mesh grills you see on cateye silverados, f250's, RAM's, etc. well I have found a custom mesh grill for round body tahoes like ours, the only issue is the mesh is HUGE, I would love a way more fine mesh. But none-the-less, Look at the first photo I have attached, and tell me what y'all think. Should I put the grill from the bottom picture onto my tahoe in the top half of the picture?

Also, If I buy this grill, I'm thinking I could just buy a sheet of the black diamond grill mesh that I want and cut it to fit, and fix it in place on top of the HUGE ugly mesh that comes with the grill. The second and 3rd picture are of what the mesh I want looks like, and a pic of it installed on a yukon to show you the actual size of the mesh. So if I do buy the mesh grill in the first pic, should I put this way better looking mesh over top of it? Do y'all think it would look better than the mesh that comes with the grill when you buy it? What does everyone think of this second idea?

NewGrill.jpg

mesh.jpg

mesh2.jpg

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the first pic, it looks more factory

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
I vote scratch them all and get a hd clip . Looks so beast on a lifted truck.

@05Single x2!

Im not a fan of mesh but that's just my opinion and Single nailed with the HD clip suggestion.

While I am also a fan of the HD front end swap, my plan was to have a completely custom front end in order to be different from everyone else. My current idea for the front of my truck is: HD hood, the mesh grill in the first pic in the first post, and a MOVE bumper.

The first pic is what the MOVE bumper I want to install looks like on a Tahoe and the second pic is to show off the size/style diamond mesh that I want to put on top of the black plastic mesh grill because the mesh that comes in it is way too big for my taste and I think this other mesh will look way better, plus the smaller mesh I posted in the first pic was way too small after I sat down and thought about it for a while...

PhotoGrid_1494379899788.jpg

PhotoGrid_1494379953936.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm all for custom/fabrication , usually way more than oem...like a oem hd front. Now that you said a move bumper instead of stock that changes things lol.
So I say get the black thick mesh grille then cut out the mesh and install a thinner (but thick gauge) mesh in its place. Or else you'll see the lines of the other mesh if you just lay it on top. Especially since you're going a little bigger with the mesh you picked out.
Most times I've ever said mesh in a single post lol.
Mesh

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found my next bumper, thanks man! lol jk. That bumper is definitely a clean route to go but I'm still iffy about that mesh and that full open style grille on our nbs hoes. Sorry I know that doesn't help ya at all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts