Shop won't build dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would find another shop, Any place with a pipe bender should easily be able to do the job. I paid $800 for a stainless cat back with dual side outlet at my local exhaust shop.

If you live in the rust belt stay away from the flowmaster kits unless they`re stainless because they`ll last about two to three years if you`re lucky.
Agreed.. I went that route with my TRD exhaust here on long Island.

Love Bill the Cat...

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some shops just don't want to work very hard. I had true duals on my 01. Two mufflers and tail pipes on each side of the truck.

tc8510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
True duals is very possible. Just had mine done. The issue lies the routing on the driver's side, especially being lowered and very close to the evap system. I guess they don't want to assume the risk. Still very doable in either case. Is the risk worth the reward at that point? I did not think so. Still went true dual but both individual outlets on passenger side. Combined with a CAI and BBT I LOVE IT!!!

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the Yukon Denali true dual? And they share the same frame

I used to frequent a yard that had tons of NBS trucks. I asked if they had any aftermarket duals off any trucks and they told me they didn’t but if I wanted true dual I could rip it off a Denali. I saw it in person but wasn’t sure if that’s stock or just that one had it. Ended up not buying it. They wanted too much for a used slightly rusted exhaust

Last edited:

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used to frequent a yard that had tons of NBS trucks. I asked if they had any aftermarket duals off any trucks and they told me they didn’t but if I wanted true dual I could rip it off a Denali. I saw it in person but wasn’t sure if that’s stock or just that one had it. Ended up not buying it. They wanted too much for a used slightly rusted exhaust

It depends on what year, my 01 came with a single muffler and tailpipe. I changed out my Y pipe to singles and 2 mufflers side by side into a tailpipes. I ran 2 Magnaflows and had no drone at all in cab. My 05 has dual pipes to the muffler, dual pipes out into a Y and one tailpipe. Stock muffler will be coming out and 2 mufflers will be going in and a tailpipe out each side.

tc8510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Yes its true dual but goes into a muffler with single outlet, exiting on the passenger side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos