Shocks/struts for ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, were it me, I guess I'd have to take it to my mechanic and have him tighten it properly. I am not good with something being loose that might cause some sort of failure.

I took the struts to a shop for that part

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe an impact gun would get it off fast enough? Harbour freight sells them for under 50 and assuming thats cheaper than the shop taking them off? Or that wont work either?

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe an impact gun would get it off fast enough? Harbour freight sells them for under 50 and assuming thats cheaper than the shop taking them off? Or that wont work either?

That might work. It was a saturday and my truck was on the street sitting on jackstands so i was kinda desperate to get it done that day. It was getting late and didn't want to leave the truck like that overnight then also have to deal with it the next day.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That might work. It was a saturday and my truck was on the street sitting on jackstands so i was kinda desperate to get it done that day. It was getting late and didn't want to leave the truck like that overnight then also have to deal with it the next day.

I understand. I been there. You still saved versus letting someone do entire job and increased your knowledge and experience.

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand. I been there. You still saved versus letting someone do entire job and increased your knowledge and experience.

Installed the new endlink and the body roll, handling, and control over bumps has noticeably improved. Very pleased with these shocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442