Shock Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to replace the shocks on my 07 Tahoe. It has the ZW7 smooth ride. I have read a number of threads on the site about this topic, there seems to be a lot about Bilstein 5100 or HD and the Monroe Reflex. Not much about replacement with the factory OEM ACDelco?

I drive 50% city, 50% highway and once in awhile gravel. I do tow a 19ft fishing boat some. I would like to have a smoother ride given the choice. Is there a reason not to buy the ACDelco OEM?

Thoughts Gentlemen?

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your existing shocks are bad, then the simple act of replacing them will give you an improved ride going down the road. If they are not bad, replacing them with the same thing, is a waste that will net you nearly nothing. If these are the 10 y/o original shocks, then you are probably due.

It is a matter of opinion as to which of your four options will give you the better ride, because the "best" or "smoothest" ride is a matter of personal preference. Base your decision on the type of driving that you do 99% of the time, then decide if you want to ride more like a Cadillac, a Corvette, or somewhere between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne