Shock Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Yukon SLT. I'm at 97,000 miles, about time for a shock replacement at the minimum, and perhaps shocks and struts. I'm at stock height with no plans to lift or lower. It's mainly street driven, with only minor off-road driving.

What shocks or shocks and struts are best for comfort, daily driveability performance?

Thanks for the help!

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Yukon SLT. I'm at 97,000 miles, about time for a shock replacement at the minimum, and perhaps shocks and struts. I'm at stock height with no plans to lift or lower. It's mainly street driven, with only minor off-road driving.

What shocks or shocks and struts are best for comfort, daily driveability performance?

Thanks for the help!

Not sure what your budget is but I would go with Bilstein 5100's or at the very least the 4600

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is but I would go with Bilstein 5100's or at the very least the 4600

Would that be for standard ride heights or SSV/4WD trucks? Looking to upgrade the shocks/struts myself and LOVE bilstien yellows! Basically I want a slightly stiffer/better shocks at all 4 corners that will perform well on the highway and on these pothole laden michigan roads. I don't mind losing a little bit of ride height, but I'm NOT TRYING TO LOWER the truck.

Part #s or shock model #s would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
J

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
From what I am reading, the 5100's are for on and off road use, and a stiffer shock than the 4600's. The 4600's seem to be for on road use and softer. Is this correct in your understanding?

I actually have some 5100's on my Jeep TJ and they are stiff as hell! They'd probably be great on road if the Jeep was about 1000lbs heavier, but the lightweight vehicle does not ride well with 5100's IMHO. Off road they are great.

Scooty

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do the same thing with finding something close to oem height/ride. My 08 Tahoe has 118k miles on it with the Z55 option. The local stealer wants $1160 for just the front struts. On 1Aauto or Rockauto there are complete assemblies (spring and shock ready to install ) for anywhere from $150 to $400 depending on brand with the resistor to bypass the shock sensors on oem struts. Has anyone gone this route ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt