Shake it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to click on the top left words in the video screen so it opens the video in a new tab. Click the word 'Wobble' and the word 'Noise' in the top left of the video screen. That should open it in a new tab for you and maybe make it viewable.
YouTube reported I couldn't watch the video on TYF as Massfloefi published it that way. Your browser may just not be telling you can't view it on TYF.

Sorry fellas I didn’t realize it worked that way. FIXED.

mooman

Reaction score
I see it now. That wobble reminds me of my wobble I had, but only during cornering. it was a wob, wob, wob, wob, wob. A new wheel bearing fixed it. Next time when you have time, pull off the wheel, caliper and bracket, and get it down to the hub. Sometimes the weight of the wheel can mask the play in the wheel bearing.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see it now. That wobble reminds me of my wobble I had, but only during cornering. it was a wob, wob, wob, wob, wob. A new wheel bearing fixed it. Next time when you have time, pull off the wheel, caliper and bracket, and get it down to the hub. Sometimes the weight of the wheel can mask the play in the wheel bearing.

Hi Mooman,

Changing hub assemblies this weekend with Timkens. I am also putting new caliper guide pins on and lubing them with 3M 08946 clear silicone paste because I am getting a slight rub from the inner brake pad on that side. Hopefully not a problem with the caliper itself.

Timken SP500300
ACDelco 18K1014
ACDelco 18K1014

Last edited:

Tahbro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any update on if the wheel bearings fixed the issue?

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any update on if the wheel bearings fixed the issue?

Tahbro,

I replaced both sides with timken yesterday. No change. There was bushing squeak from one and some bearing noise from the other. No play in my hands. I even hit the old ones with a 4 pound hammer to see if they had any play. Nope.

So I started to think about the conditions and dampening. I might have found my problem.

IMG_4003.JPG IMG_4004.JPG IMG_4005.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom part of the bushing is completely shot when you squeeze it and you can clearly see that the metal cup the upper bushing is sitting in is bent away from the body mount.

I also have a video but the GoPro is acting up. I will post one when I can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Enlarge the video and slow down the play speed to 0.5 and you can see the play/shake better.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64