Shake it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would have said wheel bearing a while ago but in the original post you ruled them out. that would make sense to me.

Hey Tahbro, I would have thought so but I couldn't get any movement with the wheels lifted and pulling at 3-9 or 6-12. I wouldn't think they would cause such a shake over bumps in the cabin If couldn't get any play that way. Did you get a chance to take a look at the video on the previous page? Thanks

Tahbro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Tahbro, I would have thought so but I couldn't get any movement with the wheels lifted and pulling at 3-9 or 6-12. I wouldn't think they would cause such a shake over bumps in the cabin If couldn't get any play that way. Did you get a chance to take a look at the video on the previous page? Thanks
moving them with your hand may not show signs but the noise makes sense. I agree with rocket man, a 2005 would be really close if not past due on wheel bearings. hopefully that will eliminate the issue and if it doesn't you'll be set for another 100k

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anywhere what mileage you have on it but you could replace the front hubs with some Timkens just as preventive maintenance if it's anywhere near 150k. I saw at one point you mentioned you heard noise when spinning one of the front wheels. That would at least rule them out and they'll need replacing soon regardless.

Hey Rocket Man,

Yeah I found that the front drivers side brake pad slightly touches the rotor. Previous owner had the brakes/rotors replaced 10,000 miles ago. I have paperwork to confirm and visual the pads look very good. I am guessing they weren't checked to make sure pads had play in the clips. Ill have to take them apart this weekend and see if I can do something about it.

Truck has 111,000 miles on it. Thanks for all the responses.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just order the TIMKEN SP500300 wheel hub assemblies along with new axle shaft nuts #11609826. Can't hurt to change them plus maybe I will get lucky. I am trying a different size moog sway bar bushing K6437 (1.20) for the fronts since there is some play in the 1.25 that are on the truck now. Confirmed with a rep from Moog via my earlier video. For the hell of it I am installing the KYB SS15326 steering stabilizer, replacing the bushings with Energy Suspension 9.8126G and adding the Monroe SA1997 boot. I will wait till after test driving with the new wheel hub assemblies and sway bar bushings in case the stabilizer hides the symptoms.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put that steering stabilizer on my 02. It did seem to steady the steering a bit with my big wheels.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:( I cannot see the video.

Try to click on the top left words in the video screen so it opens the video in a new tab. Click the word 'Wobble' and the word 'Noise' in the top left of the video screen. That should open it in a new tab for you and maybe make it viewable.
YouTube reported I couldn't watch the video on TYF as Massfloefi published it that way. Your browser may just not be telling you can't view it on TYF.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to click on the top left words in the video screen so it opens the video in a new tab. Click the word 'Wobble' and the word 'Noise' in the top left of the video screen. That should open it in a new tab for you and maybe make it viewable.
YouTube reported I couldn't watch the video on TYF as Massfloefi published it that way. Your browser may just not be telling you can't view it on TYF.
Yeah I had to open it on YT to view it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14