Servicing Transfer Case and F/R Differentials - Fluid Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mals

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same leaky seal on my Escalade, I had a local shop replace it, I'd see how much it's leaking and go from there if it's real bad get it taken care of asap if not you could always just keep it topped off and wait till something in the tranny goes, I opted to do it because it shifts good and no other issues otherwise and to risk any damage to the transfer case.

Thanks for info. I actually saw your other reply and just finished watching a few videos on removing the transfer case without a lift. It seems doable, and I already have four tall jack stands from when I flipped the axles in my travel trailer. Now I just need to find a cheap transmission jack.

Do you recall how much the shop charged you to drop the transfer case and replace the seal?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info. I actually saw your other reply and just finished watching a few videos on removing the transfer case without a lift. It seems doable, and I already have four tall jack stands from when I flipped the axles in my travel trailer. Now I just need to find a cheap transmission jack.

Do you recall how much the shop charged you to drop the transfer case and replace the seal?

It was $400 with parts & labor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont