service traction control/stabilitrak at 50mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryboy040993

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so when i start my truck everything is fine.. drive down the road and everything is good until i hit 50mph then service stabilitrak and traction control comes up.. i can drive all day under 50mph and no lights as soon as i hit 50mph it comes up.. any ideas? im new to all this new stuff..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would recommend hooking up a decent scanner and see what is taking place (in real time) could be steering sensor, could be wheel hub sensor or even something else.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so when i start my truck everything is fine.. drive down the road and everything is good until i hit 50mph then service stabilitrak and traction control comes up.. i can drive all day under 50mph and no lights as soon as i hit 50mph it comes up.. any ideas? im new to all this new stuff..
Im gonna guess wheel hub sensor since it happens at speed. I could be wrong tho, but like douby posted prolly gotta look at real time on a scanner, or unplug and plug back in....

hound_dog

Reaction score
I had the Stabilitrak light come on before and it was the $18 sensor that is connected to the brake pedal. My symptoms were that the cruise control would turn off after some amount of time. I could hear that it was no longer clicking when I pressed the brake pedal (a broken sensor thinks the brake is being applied). I know this doesn't match the symptoms you reported but thought I'd mention it in case it helps you or someone else. I've actually had to replace this part twice in 10 years (163k).

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would recommend hooking up a decent scanner and see what is taking place (in real time) could be steering sensor, could be wheel hub sensor or even something else.

Hey Wes,

I seem to be having this same Stabilitrak problem with my '12 Tahoe, however today while I was at a light and either stopped or under 5mph, the chiming started letting me know that the Stabilitrak and Traction Control was activated (Showed 'On' on my display) and my locks rapidly locked and unlocked several times, and the truck seemed to almost stall. I had the oil changed about a month ago and it started after that.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Wes,

I seem to be having this same Stabilitrak problem with my '12 Tahoe, however today while I was at a light and either stopped or under 5mph, the chiming started letting me know that the Stabilitrak and Traction Control was activated (Showed 'On' on my display) and my locks rapidly locked and unlocked several times, and the truck seemed to almost stall. I had the oil changed about a month ago and it started after that.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel
wouldn't be related to a oil change, I would get it scanned for any codes which will tell you (or should tell you) where the problem is, many auto parts stores such as autozone, oreilly's, etc will scan it for free, the dealer may even scan it for free if you ask nicely.

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Here’s what I found to at least quiet the issue down. I went to advance auto parts and bought a 0 gauge black wire about 2-4ft length. Attached one end to the firewall near the brake booster and the other end right where it says GND near the alternator. It seems like it’s worked haven’t had it pop up again. I’m just saying it worked for me but who knows I might have just masked whatever it was but I don’t know the exact cause lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV