service suspension system? really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chefkulp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you all for your input! i need inspection by the end of the month so i'll be taking it in next week for that and the suspension issue. GM...i will keep you posted.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
To be fair, almost all the ones I looked at had the factory 22" wheels which will put more stress on the suspension...but ya, it's weird... I looked at probably 20 escalades over 3 months...every single one had the front shocks done in their history.

Going from 20s to 22s will not cause shock absorber issues.
The Autoride shocks on these SUVs are simply of low quality and break far too easy. The non Autoride ones are stronger. I have seen high mileage Tahoes with them that have no issues.
To the OP, go with the Arnott Autoride shock kit if they are blown again.

OP
OP
C

chefkulp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a ? for GM Service...are you there, Louis?????

Ok...so the dealer said that the "service suspension system" message that i was getting was due to a bad master fuse in the computer and...it wasn't covered under warranty because it was another 'wear item'. they said there was nothing wrong with the suspension system. NOW i have horrible inside wear on BOTH front tires...really bad...almost down to nothing...same place/both tires. there has got to be something going on with my suspension. the ride seems a bit rough, as well. i know that if i take it back to the dealer, the warranty won't cover a thing and we've already put about $2000 into it since we got it a year ago. please advise...
thank you!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chefkulp,

I would like to look into this further for you. Please PM me the following information so I may proceed: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN, the name and city of the dealer you purchased the vehicle from and the name and city of the dealer where the vehicle was serviced (if different from purchasing dealer).

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
C

chefkulp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you!

Louis,

Thank you for your reply and for being willing to look into this for me. I will send you an email with the information you requested. I will put "chefkulp" in the subject line so that you know it is from me.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep us posted, interested to hear how this turns out...

DocZ333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had our light come on in our XL Denali. We've changed tires twice already because of the wearing issue as well. Only 83k miles on it. Any response from keeping us posted from last posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne