Service suspension system just popped up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Yukon Denali. AWD. 6.2L

SO I have been reading a ton and just starting to look around. Trying to find an easy way, not to go to the dealer, and figure out what's the issue.

I have see some delete the auto-ride stuff. I guess I don't know the advantage other than cheaper shocks. Any good aftermarket replacement stuff for the auto-ride? Don't mind spending SOME money if it means good quality parts.

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the 2nd part to the question is: Replace the factory parts with similar stuff, or bypass autoride and go traditional parts?

Keeping in mind i WOULD like to do a 3/4 drop in the future

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Your light could be caused by several different things. I would start by checking all connections. There is a plug on each side on top of the frame rail in the rear near the top of the rear shocks and they have a tendency to come unplugged if you get anywhere near them... lol
There are also plugs at all four corners that plug into the level sensors.
I would check those first.

I just replaced my rear shocks with the Arnott remanufactured air shocks so that the factory electronic dampening still functions as the factory intended.

Alot of people replace the shocks with passive (non electronic dampening=cheaper) air shocks to maintain the auto leveling feature and some people get rid of the air shocks and go with standard shocks.

If you go with a passive shock you will need resistors to plug into the autoride plugs at the top of the shocks to keep the light off on your dash.

It really depends on what you want and what you do with your truck. If you tow at all it is nice to maintain the auto leveling feature IMO.

DeniGirl

Reaction score
I am curious as to what you ended up doing here. I have the AWD 6.2 and my warning reading just came across, I am at 150k & I plan to keep my truck and want high quality, curious if you did the conversion, and the cost....

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is due to the right rear level sensor going bad. I will replace it sometime this summer as it is a hit or miss issue if the light comes on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505