Service Suspension dash error message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mt.davis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up an 07 Tahoe recently for a steal and the previous original owner replaced the auto ride struts with non-auto ride due to the cost so the "service suspension" message is showing up on the dash.

I've seen numerous members state to disconnect the neg battery cable, pull the "RTD" fuse, then reconnect; however my fuse diagram does not list "RTD" anywhere on the
diagram. This method may exclusively work for 2000-2006 models.

Any help is appreciated. I'm more than happy to provide photo of my fuse box diagram if desired!

conchasjim

Reaction score
I think you can put a resistor on the front strut connector and remove the code. It makes the system thinks it has the correct strut resistance, aka auto ride struts. The way I understand it is the front strut fluid has a resistance value and if that resistance is gone, as in a fluid leak, it throws the code. Arnott sells these resistors with their struts. I'd tell them you have a set of their struts and see where that leads you. If you know the value, you can buy resistors for less than a buck each and put some solderless connectors on the leads.