Service Stability Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These do have brake pedal switches, but my brake lights work. Could that still be part of the problem?

I have read on this and other forums that when that switch starts acting up it can throw codes related to the traction control, stability control, ABS and keep the cruise from working.

The Tech2 can run tests on the ABS system and turn and off valves and such. I've poked around in that section but not much as I didn't want to break anything because I'm ignorant!

Last edited:

dmad1

Reaction score
Similar issue on my '13 Vette. It was the left front wheel sensor. Can't buy just the sensor, have to replace the bearing and hub assembly that the sensor is built into.

GeorgesBlazah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update, I took my EBCM out and it was just dirty. The seal failed and let a bunch of crap in. All I did was take it apart, clean everything up and put it back together. I havent had any codes come back for the last couple days. I hope it stays that way.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Just an update, I took my EBCM out and it was just dirty. The seal failed and let a bunch of crap in. All I did was take it apart, clean everything up and put it back together. I havent had any codes come back for the last couple days. I hope it stays that way.

George has the code stayed off? I would be surprised it that fixed the issue because the real issue is the steering position sensor

Adam your steering position sensor needs to be replaced. When that sensor goes out the service stability icon comes on.

Last edited:

MSHARMAN30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Since I have owned my 2003 Yukon (about a year), the Service Stability message comes on the dash. No other lights or messages, and driveability seems unaffected.

My car has brand new front hubs (so new front ABS sensors), new rear sensors, new steering wheel position sensor, and nothing has solved the message. I even pulled an EBCM from an Escalade from the same year and the message remained (and I got an ABS light, as well with it).

I have held down the traction control button for like 30 seconds because I heard that would disable the system, but that did not do anything.

I have seen a few threads about this issue, but never with a resolution.

Has anyone had this issue and actually resolved it?

I have dropped about $3000 into the Yukon this year in parts, and have it nearly perfect inside and out, driving and riding... Except for this message that I cannot shake.

Would a Tech2 help me at all? I am not beyond buying one just to solve this issue (unless someone in my area has one and is willing to let me connect it). Could the stability system be disabled completely with it?

I am almost ready to take the Yukon to the dealership, which is against everything that I stand for.

I welcome any help with this issue... It would be so nice to get my Yukon absolutely perfect.
My 05 suburban is doing the same thing. I believe it is because my back air shocks for the auto ride are bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew