Service Stabilitrak light after tuneup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S_wall98

Reaction score
What could cause the "service stabilitrak and service traction control" lights to come on.
I knows that a loaded question so here's the background.
Yesterday I got my oil pan gasket and oil pickup tube o ring replaced as well as exhaust manifold bolts fixed and new plugs and wires installed (ACDelco).
I got it back last night with the light on but it runs great otherwise. I hooked it up to my little handheld scanner and it doesn't show anything.
I've searched but most of the posts or threads include a loss of power or running rough.
Outside of checking all wires and plugs, any ideas.
It will be headed back to the mechanic but I don't know that I can do it for a couple days.
Thanks guys

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the shop busted a wire or left one unplugged is my guess. likely a hub wire. im sure they were working through the wheel wells to get to them manifolds if you had busted off bolts.

OP
OP
S

S_wall98

Reaction score
the shop busted a wire or left one unplugged is my guess. likely a hub wire. im sure they were working through the wheel wells to get to them manifolds if you had busted off bolts.

Thanks Scotty.
That about all that I could come up with but at the same time, it runs like it did before. I've only had it for about a month so I guess I could've been down a plug without realizing it....I dunno

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can visually look for a disconnected harness as well on both driver and passenger side there is a wire that goes from behind the wheel hub up along the upper control arm and connects along the way up towards the engine bay, if one side is unplugged just plug it back in.

OP
OP
S

S_wall98

Reaction score
^^ yep sounds like they disconnected something, take it back, ask them to check there work

I'll be taking it back and talked about it today. He'll fix it for sure but I don't know if I can take it for a couple days. I was just trying to find any other quick checks to go through at the house

OP
OP
S

S_wall98

Reaction score
Showed a code for the brake light switch and replaced it but no dice....but I have cruise again.
Checked it this afternoon and threw the code (0710 I think) for steering wheel position sensor.
I found the tsb on cleaning up and wedging the connection so I guess that's next.

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Shawn,

I had just had the oil changed (serves me right for not doing it myself) and now the stabilitrak and traction control indicators turn on the dash in the 'On' position. I believe the cruise control has disengaged but I'm not positive my brake pedal isn't super sensitive, the truck almost stalled out on me today and at the same time the electronic locks rapidly locked and unlocked multiple times. The AC was running when all of this was happening and to reduce engine strain I turned it off and didn't have any other issues, but the rest of my trip was only 15 minutes.

Were you getting any of these other symptoms?

Thanks,

Daniel

OP
OP
S

S_wall98

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for abandoning the thread. I had some things come up and have been pinching pennies....meaning staying away from here lol

Anyway, I did get mine fixed, it ended up being the steering wheel position, sensor.

As far as the other issues, I never had any, just the stabilitrak message, no lights or anything.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345