Service Stabilitrack/Traction Control Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know the code, and have read the TSB, but you never mentioned if your truck is still showing the code or if it went away after you did the TSB. Anyway like I said, it's not too hard to replace just have to pull the column.

It's still showing the code (C0710) even after doing what the TSB indicated. Thanks for your input. It has been very frustrating trying to figure this out

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED!
As I was looking under the dash to determine what all I was going to need to prepare for swapping out the sensor, I noticed that the housing unit for the sensor was lower down on the steering shaft than on my 2013 Tahoe so I slid the unit back up towards the steering wheel until it could go no further and didn't rotate...drove the truck and behold...no more steering wheel click and no more service stabilitrac lights!

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED!
As I was looking under the dash to determine what all I was going to need to prepare for swapping out the sensor, I noticed that the housing unit for the sensor was lower down on the steering shaft than on my 2013 Tahoe so I slid the unit back up towards the steering wheel until it could go no further...drove the truck and behold...no more steering wheel click and no more service stabilitrac!
It should click as the housing snaps together otherwise it will probably fall down again in the future. Hopefully your housing tabs aren't broken off.

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It should click as the housing snaps together otherwise it will probably fall down again in the future. Hopefully your housing tabs aren't broken off.

It had resistance when I moved it back into position and still not sure how it could have slid down with the amount of resistance. Didn't hear any click when it reached the top of the shaft...wondering if the tabs may be broken and more so...what would have caused them to break

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's pics of the housing. The black part snaps onto the white part with tabs in 3 places. In the pic with the black part, it's just sitting on there without the tabs being snapped into place. In the pic with just the white part you can see the 3 places where the tabs snap. There is quite a bit of resistance when sliding it over the steering shaft but if those tabs aren't snapped on it will eventually move down the shaft.

IMG_7861.JPG IMG_7862.JPG

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's pics of the housing. The black part snaps onto the white part with tabs in 3 places. In the pic with the black part, it's just sitting on there without the tabs being snapped into place. In the pic with just the white part you can see the 3 places where the tabs snap. There is quite a bit of resistance when sliding it over the steering shaft but if those tabs aren't snapped on it will eventually move down the shaft.

View attachment 194589 View attachment 194590

The sensor was snapped into the housing. It was the entire housing that had slid down the shaft

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sensor was snapped into the housing. It was the entire housing that had slid down the shaft
I think the sensor was in half of the housing. There's 2 half's of the housing and the sensor is inside that. The sensor is also black as well as the lower half of the housing. The upper white part of the housing is attached to the aluminum bracket. If both parts of the housing slid down then it will slide down again because that means the white part isn't attached to that aluminum bracket anymore.

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the sensor was in half of the housing. There's 2 half's of the housing and the sensor is inside that. The sensor is also black as well as the lower half of the housing. The upper white part of the housing is attached to the aluminum bracket. If both parts of the housing slid down then it will slide down again because that means the white part isn't attached to that aluminum bracket anymore.

Very well may have been half the housing. I'll just have to keep checking on it's position to see if it is moving. At least for now I'm not getting any code errors or service stabilitrac/traction control lights and feel better about my wife driving it. I tried to pull the unit back down the shaft and it didn't move, so maybe I clicked it in place when I re positioned it and just didn't realize it

S_wall98

Reaction score
Looks like I may have a bad sensor. Its tight as can be, wedged and greased per the TSB.

Anybody know of a way to check the sensor without replacing it. I don't care to pull the column and replace it but not gonna be thrilled if that still doesn't fix it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I may have a bad sensor. Its tight as can be, wedged and greased per the TSB.

Anybody know of a way to check the sensor without replacing it. I don't care to pull the column and replace it but not gonna be thrilled if that still doesn't fix it.
You need a diagnostic tool that can read the ABS system; the SPS is part of that system. I have a Tech 2 clone that was able to read mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons