Service Stabilitrack/Traction Control Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Z71 Tahoe and have been having trouble with the service stabilitrack/traction control light coming on. Initially the code said it was the wheel hub assembly...changed that out and everything was fine...for about 6 months, then the light came back on. Still said wheel hub assembly, so I changed them once again (assembly still under warranty). Everything fine for about 2 months. Light is now back on and gives C0710 (steering position sensor) code which there was a TSB put out about how to clean the connector, apply some dielectrical grease and wedge the connector. Did what the TSB recommended but the service stabilitrack/traction control lights STILL come on....Any suggestions? This is my wifes daily driver and now I am concerned about her safety.

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the Z55 autoride suspension? I recently replaced my rear shocks and I was forewarned on here and by a letter in the box from Arnott that if the connector on the frame rail up by the shock on the passenger side becomes loose or gets unplugged you will get that error symptom. Pretty sure it was blue.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Z71 Tahoe and have been having trouble with the service stabilitrack/traction control light coming on. Initially the code said it was the wheel hub assembly...

What were the original code(s) that you were getting? Does your code reader see BCM codes as well? Any trouble with the motor? What brand of hubs did you use? Many of the Chicom ones look just fine and have good bearings but the wheel sensors are junk.

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have the Z55 autoride suspension? I recently replaced my rear shocks and I was forewarned on here and by a letter in the box from Arnott that if the connector on the frame rail up by the shock on the passenger side becomes loose or gets unplugged you will get that error symptom. Pretty sure it was blue.

No autoride

S_wall98

Reaction score
Have any luck?
I'm experiencing the same thing. It drives great just that damn service light. Mine showed the break light switch and steering wheel sensor codes and both were fixed. The cruise works (which didn't before) so I know the break switch is good and 8 followed the tsb for the sensor. I'm sobering if the sensor could be bad, I need to research how to check it....it doesn't look like much fun to change

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have any luck?
I'm experiencing the same thing. It drives great just that damn service light. Mine showed the break light switch and steering wheel sensor codes and both were fixed. The cruise works (which didn't before) so I know the break switch is good and 8 followed the tsb for the sensor. I'm sobering if the sensor could be bad, I need to research how to check it....it doesn't look like much fun to change

No, still no luck. I did noticed that the steering wheel sensor on my wifes Tahoe will rotate, whereas the sensor on my 2013 Tahoe doesn't rotate. It's as if a tab or something holding hers in place is broken. I've watched the videos on youtube of how to change them and it doesn't look hard as long as you take your time doing it. I may be forced to just change it out myself rather than paying the Chevy stealership $800 or so to do it. Another issue hers is her steering wheel makes a slight tick every time you turn the steering wheel, nothing loud but you can hear it...have no clue what that may be either.

S_wall98

Reaction score
Does yours drive like normal? Today I got in to no lights but when I was pulling out it did a weird jerk, fighting the turn. After that the lights came on and it drove fine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, still no luck. I did noticed that the steering wheel sensor on my wifes Tahoe will rotate, whereas the sensor on my 2013 Tahoe doesn't rotate. It's as if a tab or something holding hers in place is broken. I've watched the videos on youtube of how to change them and it doesn't look hard as long as you take your time doing it. I may be forced to just change it out myself rather than paying the Chevy stealership $800 or so to do it. Another issue hers is her steering wheel makes a slight tick every time you turn the steering wheel, nothing loud but you can hear it...have no clue what that may be either.
It does sound like it's the steering position sensor on yours. Do you still have the code for it? I tried the TSB too but it didn't fix mine, I had to replace it. It wasn't too bad, maybe 1 1/2 hours. You need to pull the steering column. I subscribed to alldatadiy and it had the replacement instructions but I'm sure there's info online like YouTube also.

OP
OP
W

wyldhog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does sound like it's the steering position sensor on yours. Do you still have the code for it? I tried the TSB too but it didn't fix mine, I had to replace it. It wasn't too bad, maybe 1 1/2 hours. You need to pull the steering column. I subscribed to alldatadiy and it had the replacement instructions but I'm sure there's info online like YouTube also.

Code is C0710. There is a very detailed youtube video on it

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Code is C0710. There is a very detailed youtube video on it
I know the code, and have read the TSB, but you never mentioned if your truck is still showing the code or if it went away after you did the TSB. Anyway like I said, it's not too hard to replace just have to pull the column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17