Service Ride Control???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Just take out the "RTD" fuse from underneath the hood. You have to disconnect the negative battery terminal first. There are many ways to eliminate the autoride.

Amaan46

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the swap. I purchased 2 Monroe shocks and installed 3.9 ohm 25watt resistors. ALl works fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to do the same to my AutoRide equipped Tahoe. How did you wire in the resistors onto the harness? Which wires did you use? Thanks in advance!!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So, I ran errands today, and the service message never came and suddenly the compressor came back to life. Maybe it was just having a bad couple of days....

:Rock on:

Metaldrgn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It means your rear shocks has a leak and the compressor kept pumping it until it died.(Hence Service ride control) So, now you have to buy rear shocks and a compressor....Easy job but expensive parts....good luck..

WRONG, that's not always the case. Morons like you are why people waste money buying stuff they don't need.

I just bought an 01 Yukon and I had this message on mine and I found a disconnected arm on the front right that connects to the control arm to tell the computer what height it's at. Reconnected it and now it's working with no problems.

I also noticed they put tight bends where the connectors are (just aft of the suspension position sensor or whatever they are called) and I can imagine on some vehicles it could break a wire and that would set it off too so you might end up only needing to splice a wire and if you listen to this guy you would spend all that money and still not have it fixed

Last edited:

lendsie odom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
which wires do connect resistor to

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

where or what do you connect resistor to what wire

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
WRONG, that's not always the case. Morons like you are why people waste money buying stuff they don't need.

...and I can imagine on some vehicles it could break a wire and that would set it off too so you might end up only needing to splice a wire and if you listen to this guy you would spend all that money and still not have it fixed

Not every answer given here is right or wrong each time. Answers are merely suggestions to give people ideas where to start. If you take an answer off this forum and go out and spend $2000 replacing parts on a stranger's suggestion, well that's your problem.

So, shit can the tone.

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 denali and the shocks and the air shock had holes in them and compressor ran alot. I pulled a fuse from the box under the hood to stop the compressor from running until I had time and $$$ to fix it. After checking around the cheapest I found 2 shock for was $500 a set. I wanted to lower it so I went a different route. I bought a set of Eibach 3" lowering springs for the rear and some belltech standard shocks. Now I tow a camper and a boat so I also purchased a set of air lift coil spring bags for the back. I had some ground force keys I put in and its lowered 2-3 in th front and 3-4 in the rear. It rides good and looks good, and when I pull something I just inflate the bags and level it out. I do have the service ride control light. I wasn't aware there was one on the front. I'm gonna do the resistor trick to the back and see if that fix's anything.

romeo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon Denali, 2001

IS there any way to bypass the service ride control without sensors?
I think my air compressor is shot, and I really don't want to replace it.

MountainMax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Graphicideas1 I have the same problem, where do I put the resistor to fix the annoying message in my dash, will this bypass all messages such as broken shock sensor, compressor, etc.... Thanks in advance :)

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Just take out the "RTD" fuse from underneath the hood. You have to disconnect the negative battery terminal first. There are many ways to eliminate the autoride.

Will this eliminate the "service ride controll" message also???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf