Service Air Bag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
Wife and I were cruising along and noticed the temp in the rear view mirror wasn't working. Look down and the airbag light is on. When I bought the YD in February I had the same issue and it was just a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse back then and all has worked without an issue until tonight. Fuse was blown. Replaced fuse and temp/compass now works...so fuse isn't blown/blowing, but the airbag light stays on and i get "service air bag" message in DIC. Anyone have an issue such as this? Is there a module I should replace?

Pat

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I a similar issue, my red airbag light in the dash goes in and out. Nothing pops up on the DIC, and nothing else goes out (compass/temp/etc). Weird. I might have the stealership look at it when they check out my SES light.

OP
OP
OKLAGMCRUISER

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i found some convos from a google search and some have found loose connections under the seat. I'm going to try that out tonight and see if he makes it go away. seems there are several issues with this happening.

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for about 15 mins and see if that gets it to go away, sometimes it just needs reset. If you connect an OBD II scanner it will tell you exactly what code is being triggered and why the air bag light is coming on.

If you are only intermittently popping fuses, it sounds like maybe a wire is touching ground thats not supposed to be when you hit a bump or something. What's on the fuse that keeps popping?

OP
OP
OKLAGMCRUISER

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for about 15 mins and see if that gets it to go away, sometimes it just needs reset. If you connect an OBD II scanner it will tell you exactly what code is being triggered and why the air bag light is coming on.

If you are only intermittently popping fuses, it sounds like maybe a wire is touching ground thats not supposed to be when you hit a bump or something. What's on the fuse that keeps popping?

it's the airbag fuse under the hood...15a.

I am going to get to investigating tonight under hte passenger seat. i believe you are right that there is a grounded/grounding wire under that seat that is the problem. it was fine when we got in it at lowe's to start it up to cool off the truck while we were loading it becasue she commented on the outside temp being 103. then she moved the seat most of the way forward and a mile down the road i happened to just notice the outside temp/compass was no longer working and then noticed hte bubble gum man was red...lol. What's weird is that i replaced the fuse *** the mirror works fine but the bubblegum man is still red and i get the service air bag note.....i hate stuff like this as it irritates and stresses me out til it's fixed and i can't do anyting at work since the yd is in the garage at home...ARGHASDFAS@W@!#!#@#@

CHRISUMAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem of blowing the airbag fuse. OKLAGMCRUISER was it a loose wire under the seat? i'm going to try that!!! i've replaced mine 3 times now and it only works for a very short time and blows again. When it does blow it's usually right after I start it

anasos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem , but the funny part that when I switched the Front Lights on Manual Mode, the " Service Airbag " Message goes away and disappears. Also, I noticed that the Front Passenger seatbelt light / Airbag light ( just above the mirror ) is not working.... No lights at all..... Any suggestion or help on this problem...

I have Yukon XL 2007

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Check the ground wire underneath the seat. Iys actually underneath the carpet. But you can access it once passenger side seat is out. It is fastened down with one 10mm nut. Clean up the eyelit connector and see if that solves the problem.
Jonasuploadfromtaptalk1400087280951.jpg

02TAHOELT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check the ground wire underneath the seat. Iys actually underneath the carpet. But you can access it once passenger side seat is out. It is fastened down with one 10mm nut. Clean up the eyelit connector and see if that solves the problem.
JonasView attachment 27029

I know this is a OLD Post, but where exactly is that ground?
Under Driver's side seat or Passenger's side seat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew