"Service 4WD" - Master Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting read. I personally haven’t had any issues in my 16 Denali but also haven’t driven it in the snow and cold yet with AWD. Will make it a priority to make sure I’m not suffering the same

Jason M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
04 Yukon XL SLT, shows the "SERVICE 4WD" message seemingly at random. At next start up, it goes away. Seems to shift to all modes just fine.

Sues

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are a few threads in different areas of the forum regarding the "Service 4WD" issue that many of us are dealing with on our 2015 Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban trucks. To date, there is no fix available and owners are just being advised to drive their vehicles in 2WD mode until told otherwise.

This is a clear safety issue and I am discussing it with a well-known automotive weblog that will help get the word out to current and potential owners of these vehicles.

So...if you have experienced the "Service 4WD" issue please chime in briefly as I am curious just how many of us there are here (and on the way) and it will help with documentation.

Thank you,
Scott
Ours just happened at 45,593 miles on our 2015 Chevy Tahoe. So what is going on with this just drive it in auto all the time? I will be contacting GM direct, but it looks like you all are just waiting for the fix or recall?? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Sues

Sues

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are a few threads in different areas of the forum regarding the "Service 4WD" issue that many of us are dealing with on our 2015 Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban trucks. To date, there is no fix available and owners are just being advised to drive their vehicles in 2WD mode until told otherwise.

This is a clear safety issue and I am discussing it with a well-known automotive weblog that will help get the word out to current and potential owners of these vehicles.

So...if you have experienced the "Service 4WD" issue please chime in briefly as I am curious just how many of us there are here (and on the way) and it will help with documentation.

Thank you,
Scott

Sues

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you,
Scott
Have you heard anything new on the 2015 Tahoe Service 4WD? I am still driving mine in auto? Please let me know if you know of a fix or recall?? Thank you Sue

Tahoen

Reaction score
2015 tahoe 70,000mi. Just got my "Service 4wd message"! Stuck in auto.:doh2: :bs:

Last edited:

Tahoen

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said the recall 15304 expired last year sometime.. how can this be expired? So where does this leave me? do i now have to pay the money to have it fixed?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said the recall 15304 expired last year sometime.. how can this be expired? So where does this leave me? do i now have to pay the money to have it fixed?
They should fixe for you, are you a regular customer or you just go there for your convenience.
It is a recall i never hear that expired.
[emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tahoen

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure why paddock chevrolet told me it expired. So i called a buddy at a different dealership and he told me the same thing! There's an open recall for the power steering, so he said he'd reprogram the transfer-case while its in there for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons