Separate single DIN DVD unit in the console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miatawnt2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to replace my factory dual zone nav unit with an Android stereo. However I can't find an Android unit with dual zone. So I thought about putting a seperate single din unit to control the kids screens into the back of the console. Has this been done?
-J

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you so interested in an Android unit? You can get a pioneer or Kenwood with similar capabilities plus the dual zone.

I am sure there is a way to get this done though but mirroring ability would be lost. For the short gain you are expecting to get from Android device, the benefit of dual zone on a pioneer like device seems more valuable to you. And simpler setup.

There is a harness that can be converted to Yellow rca. You can extend to wherever you want to mount the single din. I can't think of a good place for it to mount unless it's always hidden or mounted where climate control or cupholders are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos