Second Row Bucket Seat has a Broken Armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RayJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't want to make a new post and only found this thread through Google images, it didn't show up on a search for "armrest". Is there a fix for this? I used a 1/2" or 13mm and it does tighten all the way up, but it's still loose and the armrest is still broken. Is there a working fix for this?

Thanks

RayJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on how to fix this issue?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fixed mine with a metal spacer behind the nut, worked perfectly, also the plastic caps are on ebay, this fix has been in place for almost a year, it got a little loose one time since then from my kids constantly messing with it, I just tightened it up again hasn't come loose again.
once I saw how this was assembled it made perfect sense to put the spacer behind the nut to keep everything tight again.

if you have trouble getting the spacer on the bolt inside I don't remember exactly how I got it on there, but on afterthought I would just dab a little glue on it and temporarily glue it to the back of the nut and then slide it in.

RayJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, already have the caps on order from Ebay. I'll look for some spacers!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, already have the caps on order from Ebay. I'll look for some spacers!
I just found something out of my garage junk box, but if you don't have misc stuff laying around any hardware store will have all kinds of goodies that can be used.

Daniel G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem and I can tighten it just fine, but even after adding two washers I can't get it to stay fixed. I'm thinking about some Loctite and tighten it down just enough that its snug. Anyone else have to do this? I'm afraid to take the other armrest apart b/c I don't want two wobbly arms lol

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used a 1/4” on mine. Need a new cap tho. Thank you eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore