Seat covers over leather seats? Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As is often the case on our older trucks, my drivers seat is looking pretty sad. Worn out leather, cracks, etc.

The Suburban is the first vehicle I've ever owned with leather seats. I really wanted leather when I bought it, for the "luxury" feel. :rolleyes: But after almost 2 years, while I don't hate the leather, I don't love it, either (I guess to me the best thing about leather is that it's easier to keep clean than cloth and doesn't allow liquids to soak through.)

Anyway, I haven't priced it out but I'm guessing that replacing the leather bottom and back cushions on my driver's seat would cost a few hundred bucks minimum, and I'm to the point where I'm thinking I'd almost rather just put some nice, custom-fit cloth seat covers over the leather.

So I'm looking to see if anyone here has done anything similar. If so, what seat covers did you go with and if you have pictures, I'd love to see them.

I had Marathon seat covers on my old 4runner, they fit great and looked great, too. Also very durable, they were heavy duty cordura nylon.

Besides Marathon, I know there is Cover King, Wet Okole and GT Covers. (GT is local to me which is a plus, I would have to pay sales tax but I could pick them up and not have to pay a shipping fee.) Any others I should be considering? I'd like a nylon/cloth cover made out of a very durable material and preferably in a military camo pattern (my Marathon covers were in the DCU desert pattern, sadly they don't use that pattern anymore, which was my favorite.)

Thanks for any input!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My '04 Hoe LT has quad leather buckets and a full console between. Both front buckets are power, heated, integrated shoulder belt, side air bags, removable headrests, DS is memory, yada yada yada. I don't necessarily hate the leather, but I don't like sliding around in the seat. So I thought I'd try some cloth covers.

Settled on a Fia brand from AutoAnything ($180 for the front two, #OE38-15), tweed and polyester. I like the feel of them, and the backs, headrests, and armrests fit pretty tight, but I can't seem to get the seat covers tightened down enough with the straps they use without them puckering a lot. Also, the side trim covers the seat controls, and the side of the seatback doesn't accommodate the side air bags. Not sure what would happen in a wreck.

So I'm not all that happy with them but haven't taken them off. Still kind of disappointed that they aren't the perfect fit, but it looks like I'd have to go with replacing the leather if I was to get real serious about it. I'm not sure if they even made the power/heated/side air bag seats in cloth, and the junkyard price for the whole seat is kind of expensive. Besides, all of the power stuff works on mine, and you never know what you'll get when you pick.

You're in Englewood and I'm in Parker. Send me a PM if you would want to look at them sometime.

Seat 1.jpg
Seat 2.jpg
Seat 3.jpg

OP
OP
Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in Englewood and I'm in Parker. Send me a PM if you would want to look at them sometime.

Thanks! Actually I'm in Littleton now (Just south of Columbine HS) so I guess I need to update my location on the board.... :D

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't know the difference. The legal boundaries might be drawn, but that doesn't mean that I know where they are. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts